2006 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
STS is a Honey
By Swago Ben on 01/03/06 14:05 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2006 Cadillac STS is as much fun to drive as my 2000 Corvette. The V6 engine is plenty peppy and responsive, I am not sorry that I did not opt for the V8.

Love my STS
By malro on 12/23/05 20:51 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After driving Lexus, BMW and Lincoln, I drove my new Cadillac STS and fell in love immediately. The value and the fact that it is American made made my choice for me. The American public in general does not care about driving road courses they care more about driving in traffic and are more used to American roads, not european hills and curves. So who cares about most of the things car magazines care about. Unfortunately some people believe all they read and don't take the time to test drive the competition. I believe if you blindfolded people they couldn't tell the difference between a Cadillac and a Lexus.

The greatest disappointment of Cadillac
By lcacsllc on 12/20/05 16:34 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving Cadillacs for the past 16 years. I have had DeVille's and SLS's. Always I could rely on Cadillac to provide superior ride and service. My 2006 STS V6 was a huge disappointment. We have 8,000 miles on the car and have felt every crack in the road from here to Florida and back. We cancelled a Christmas driving trip and chose to fly. The ride is intolerable. Never before have we had to test drive the car before ordering. We find that the only smooth ride offered by Cadillac is the DTS. We like the sporty styling but its a tin-lizzy dressed in sports attire. Second, the glove box is not sufficient to even house the car's instruction manual. What a useless piece of space.

Not Happy
By brian burka on 11/29/05 12:03 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are a few important things that I don't like about the 2006 STS. The foot-well is so cramped that if you are like me, 6 feet tall, your right knee will rest against a very uncomfortable sharp hard-padded bolster. The glove compartment is too small for such a large car...once the owner's manual is in, there is no room. The trunk acess is poor. The dash design is bland and could be much more luxurious.

2005 STS
By mstewart on 11/21/05 14:10 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but trouble with my 2006 Cadillac STS V8 since I took delivery of it. First, the delivery was delayed at the dealership because the entire radio had to be replaced. After the first 1,000 miles, a loud noise like crunching tin cans developed in the front-end. The dealership has attempted to fix it several times without success. I have been waiting on another part for over a week which they hope will remedy the problem. Meanwhile a coil in the engine went out causing it to operate on less than all 8 cylinders. I have communicated with Cadillac customer relations but have gotten absolutly no relief. Buyers beware.

V6 STS Review
By JoeonLI on 11/13/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac. I've owned several GM cars, and this one is the best. I leased it, and would get another one without hesitation. The tranny is so seamless, it's hard to notice it shift while cranking out music over the 15 speaker system. Cadillac hit a home run here.

Fun, but not up to the Quality of Lexus
By tom fuller on 11/12/05 09:04 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I each have a 2006 Cadillac STS V6 because I feel strongly that I prefer to buy an American car. Unfortunately, my car has been into the shop four times to have trim pieces put back on, and there is a distracting amount of wind noise which cannot be resolved and apparently is just the way the car is. My wife's previous car, a Lexus, was whisper quiet, so we're not used to this. If GM wants owners of BMW and Lexus to go to Cadillac, they will have to do some major work on the entire way they build cars and treat their customers. I also own a BMW Z4, and having had this plus the Lexus, going down to a Cadillac has been a shock. So I'm not saying I won't get another one, but the jury's still out.

Cadillac STS
By chris on 11/09/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2006 Cadillac STS V8 is an excellent and fun car to drive. The electronics are the easiest to use of the premier luxury sedans I have been in and it handles beautifully. I really wanted a fun and reliable car and this car has more than delivered!

2006 Cadillac STS
By Peter Heimann on 10/18/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best built vehicle I have ever purchased. With this vehicle General Motors has done an oustanding job of competing with European and Japanese products.

Bob's review
By Bob on 10/18/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The design and quality of the 2006 Cadillac STS are outstanding. The reason I like the design, the car is distinctive and does not look like every other car on the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.