2006 Cadillac STS V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2006 STS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Sort Reviews by

V8 STS
By David Anderson

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2006 Cadillac STS V8 is truly a Cadillac and a sports car. It handles like a dream and gives great gas mileage too boot.

Favorite Features

The navigation package and safety features.

Suggested Improvements

The front skirt rubs every car stop. I park backwards or short in the box because it scares me.

STS is a Honey
By Swago Ben

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2006 Cadillac STS is as much fun to drive as my 2000 Corvette. The V6 engine is plenty peppy and responsive, I am not sorry that I did not opt for the V8.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry and start.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the 6-way power seat to raise higher.

Love my STS
By malro

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After driving Lexus, BMW and Lincoln, I drove my new Cadillac STS and fell in love immediately. The value and the fact that it is American made made my choice for me. The American public in general does not care about driving road courses they care more about driving in traffic and are more used to American roads, not european hills and curves. So who cares about most of the things car magazines care about. Unfortunately some people believe all they read and don't take the time to test drive the competition. I believe if you blindfolded people they couldn't tell the difference between a Cadillac and a Lexus.

Favorite Features

Great fit and finish, no wind noise, and great looks. Great job, I'm glad GM has made such great strides in quality and style.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a bigger glove box.

The greatest disappointment of Cadillac
By lcacsllc

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving Cadillacs for the past 16 years. I have had DeVille's and SLS's. Always I could rely on Cadillac to provide superior ride and service. My 2006 STS V6 was a huge disappointment. We have 8,000 miles on the car and have felt every crack in the road from here to Florida and back. We cancelled a Christmas driving trip and chose to fly. The ride is intolerable. Never before have we had to test drive the car before ordering. We find that the only smooth ride offered by Cadillac is the DTS. We like the sporty styling but its a tin-lizzy dressed in sports attire. Second, the glove box is not sufficient to even house the car's instruction manual. What a useless piece of space.

Favorite Features

Styling and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Make the car ride like the Caddy's of old. The STS is a disgrace.

Not Happy
By brian burka

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are a few important things that I don't like about the 2006 STS. The foot-well is so cramped that if you are like me, 6 feet tall, your right knee will rest against a very uncomfortable sharp hard-padded bolster. The glove compartment is too small for such a large car...once the owner's manual is in, there is no room. The trunk acess is poor. The dash design is bland and could be much more luxurious.

2005 STS
By mstewart

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but trouble with my 2006 Cadillac STS V8 since I took delivery of it. First, the delivery was delayed at the dealership because the entire radio had to be replaced. After the first 1,000 miles, a loud noise like crunching tin cans developed in the front-end. The dealership has attempted to fix it several times without success. I have been waiting on another part for over a week which they hope will remedy the problem. Meanwhile a coil in the engine went out causing it to operate on less than all 8 cylinders. I have communicated with Cadillac customer relations but have gotten absolutly no relief. Buyers beware.

Favorite Features

When operating properly the vehicle is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The quality control on this car is awful. Cadillac needs to inspect all of the parts and aspects of the vehicles before they leave the factory. All of the problems I have experienced should have been noted before the car left Cadillac's possession.

V6 STS Review
By JoeonLI

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac. I've owned several GM cars, and this one is the best. I leased it, and would get another one without hesitation. The tranny is so seamless, it's hard to notice it shift while cranking out music over the 15 speaker system. Cadillac hit a home run here.

Favorite Features

I love the Bose 15 speaker system, voice activation, bluetooth, load leveling w/stability control, navigation, and quiet cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Add a light inside center console, make the glove box easier to reach from the front seat, turn signal lights in the mirrors would be a nice feature too.

Fun, but not up to the Quality of Lexus
By tom fuller

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I each have a 2006 Cadillac STS V6 because I feel strongly that I prefer to buy an American car. Unfortunately, my car has been into the shop four times to have trim pieces put back on, and there is a distracting amount of wind noise which cannot be resolved and apparently is just the way the car is. My wife's previous car, a Lexus, was whisper quiet, so we're not used to this. If GM wants owners of BMW and Lexus to go to Cadillac, they will have to do some major work on the entire way they build cars and treat their customers. I also own a BMW Z4, and having had this plus the Lexus, going down to a Cadillac has been a shock. So I'm not saying I won't get another one, but the jury's still out.

Favorite Features

I like the size of the exterior. It is big enough to feel substantial, but not clunky. The car is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The fit and finish need improvement. The driver's compartment is cramped. The odd sized trunk opening makes getting a large piece of luggage into the trunk impossible.

Cadillac STS
By chris

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2006 Cadillac STS V8 is an excellent and fun car to drive. The electronics are the easiest to use of the premier luxury sedans I have been in and it handles beautifully. I really wanted a fun and reliable car and this car has more than delivered!

Favorite Features

The keyless entry and remote start are nice and I use them more than I thought I would. The sound system is great.

Suggested Improvements

More storage for little things by the driver and an automatic closing trunk.

2006 Cadillac STS
By Peter Heimann

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best built vehicle I have ever purchased. With this vehicle General Motors has done an oustanding job of competing with European and Japanese products.

Favorite Features

The fit and finish absolutely compare to world class products.