Used 2006 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

2006 STS Bad Brakes?
By Garry

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

For 20 months and 18,000 miles I have considered my 2006 STS the best car I've owned. It is truly great road car, and just plain fun to own. Today I went in for regular maintenance, my dealer informed me that the car required new front pads and rotors, $900! He went as far as to say all CTS and STS have "soft" brakes and I can expect to repeat today's expense every 18,000 to 20,000 miles. My disappointment is profound.

STS is Dynamite!
By MATT B

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The standard personal choices via the touchscreen, and unbelievable ride and power of the 6-cylinder engine, have truly amazed me. We are really, really happy with this car. I am only 34 years old, and will buy over and over again, if Caddy stays on this course!

Favorite Features

Gotta have the key fob remote lock and unlock. I closed the trunk by accident with the key fob in my golf bag, yet was still able to open the trunk, while the car "beeped" and fully locked all of the doors. The electronic wizardry in this vehicle are beyond imagination.

Suggested Improvements

Believe it or not, we don't have any. Soft close doors would be a plus we would gladly pay for!

My Thoughts
By Brian

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

First two weeks with the STS have been great. I have come from driving imports for many years and felt like I was taking a chance. So far, only time will tell, I love the car. Feature for feature and in the price dependent the luxury imports can't compare. I have the V6 AWD and look forward to the winter snow. This car is super quiet and so far rock solid. It is almost freakish how many features that have been packed into the car and the first time that I have actually had to read an owners manual more than once to get a handle on all of the technology features and how to use everything.

Favorite Features

I like all of the personalization features for remote start, lock/unlock. The Bose stereo is amazaing. The heated/cooled seats are a blessing. Navigation is complicated, but works well. I usually not big on domestic interior styling but GM, has done it's homework correctly.

Suggested Improvements

Its gas mileage could be better, I average around 18 mpg. It needs more storage in the glove box. The voice recognition is hit or miss. The trunk is not as large as you would think, but it's certainly adequate. I can't use the nav system while moving, I should be able to if there is a front passenger. I like how it emulates a German steering feel.

Love My STS...Best Car I've Owned!
By Preston

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2003 CTS for my current 2006 STS, and LOVE IT! There is no comparison between the two cars. It is the best car I've ever owned. I'm always learning something new about the STS. I don't know how they can make this car any better. I advise everyone to take a test drive in the new STS, you'll fall in love with it.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature? I think everything is great, I guess one thing that is "neat" to me is if the battery is out in my fob, there is a connection slot so the car will start. I love the heated backseats, steering wheel, and push start button. I love all those buttons.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the navation would turn into a monitor and there was a way to see what whats behind you when you put the car in reverse. I've already had to replace a left turn signal and can't seem to keep all four tires at the same air count. My dealership sends out coupons that can't be used for the STS.

Definitly Top Five
By GRSMITH

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Cadillac STS is possibly one of the top five sport sedans competing in this market. Its handling is superb and its ride comfort is first rate. I've had many compliments on its styling. Cadillac has built a winner.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include the heated and air conditioned seats, navigation system, and the heated steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The front grill could be more distinctive. The navigation system could be a little less complicated.