Used 2006 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Ron's Stealth Gray/Cashmere STS
By Ron

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a good car with great incentives to buy or lease. The ride is firm and quiet. If you want the cushy ride of yesteryear move on. It's quiet and feels good at highway speeds. The V6 is quite impressive, smooth and fast off the line or for passing. It is quieter than the noisy Northstar V8. Its gas mileage is fair, but it's regular gas so deal with it! I have the cashmere interior with lighter wood trim and steering wheel...awesome look. The electronics are a challenge, but good. The voice recognition needs improvement. I'm not disappointed at all.

The Bose surround sound, nice to look at and feel interior, cool memory setting system, navigation with touch screen, the heated seats and steering wheel. quiet solid ride, and feel especially at highway cruising, and rear park assist.

I don't care for the sound of the V6 engine, it sounds like my mother-in-law's 6 in her Buick Regal! The electronics are plenty and too challenging. Work on the voice recognition system...it could be fun and useful if more it was consistent.

Cadillac is Back
By Richard

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After two decades of owning Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti, I decided to test the Cadillac STS. I selected the STS over the Mercedes E350 and Infiniti M35. Its ride is firm but smooth. The electronic features are fantastic. Remote start with heated seats and steering wheel make cold mornings easier. The 15 speaker Bose stereo with XM radio is FANTASTIC. I get about 20 MPG on my commute and on a recent road trip I averaged 23 MPG at 80 MPH.

The custom fobs and Bose stereo.

Awesome STS
By "S" Man

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in November and so far it is great! I love just about everything this car has to offer. The ride is very quiet and the 6-cylinder engine offers a lot of pep - there really is no need for the V8 and the additional cost that goes with it! The interior is top notch and it has all the features you could ask for. I have received a lot of positive comments on this car!

The heated seats are great, especially on these cold winter mornings, but my favorite is the keyless entry and push-button start - you never need to take the key out of your pocket! Also, I like that everything is automatic - lights, wipers, climate control. You don't need to turn it on/off once set.

Having the gas tank located on the passenger side of car is a real pain.

I Can't Believe It's Not a V8.
By American cars only!

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 STS with the 300HP Northstar engine for my new STS all wheel drive with the 6-cyl. engine. I had low expectations concerning it's performance, but I am very impressed by how responsive and fun to drive this car is. I have put 2,500 miles on it so far and the car is defect free. The car is the same weight as my old STS but it feels much more light and nimble. Overall, I am delighted with it.

The remote start that also turns on the seat heaters and rear defogger when it's cold or AC when it's hot out. The keyless system with push button start is great. I also like how quiet it is inside, you can hardly hear the traffic around you. The OnStar system is great too.

I'm not that fond of the new body styling. I like the look of the previous generation of STS better. The door ding protective strips are gone too and I'm not sure how this will effect how the car holds up in parking lots.

2006 STS V6
By James B

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car. It has a smooth quiet ride, handles great, the Bose stereo is a must! The V6 has more than enough power.

The style, ride, and price.

It should have a larger trunk.