2006 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
AWD Alternative to Lexus 430/460
By sanjeevp on 03/17/06 04:10 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

One of the best vehicles to come out of Detroit. Nice balance between the performance and handling of BMW & Mercedes; and comfort of Lexus 430. Performance, handling and ride are excellent; user interface and voice recognition are poorly executed; reliability for 1st year is good according to CR. Good (and less expensive) AWD alternative to Lexus 430/460 in Northern snow areas; in my opinion superior to BMW and Mercedes. But you can still get better value for money with the Infiniti M45.

A True Driver's Car: This is The One!
By G-man on 03/10/06 23:49 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

"Number One" for me is performance. My STS V8 4 Wheel Drive with Luxury Performance Package is a true driver's dream. With 320 horses and great low-end torque its a rocket ship on wheels. The all wheel drive "rides on rails" with the smoothest hard accelleration on the planet, and effortlessly climbs my steep driveway in the snow. Great turning radius, big disc breaks stop smooth as silk, holds the sharpest of turns under power, and magnetic ride control gives sportscar feel, but smooths the road when needed. And it makes your drive a dream with a cabin to die for, an astonishing sound system, bluetooth phone hookup, nav system and every gizmo you could possibly need. Love this car!

First Cadillac Ever
By Jay Holloway on 02/19/06 13:49 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Cadillac STS V6 around Christmas time, trading in a Mercedes-Bena. Previously, I have had two Lexus GS 300s. The STS is very quiet and comfy. The DVD audio is SLOW to respond to orders though and the voice recognition does not work. Its Bluetooth is reliable. The navigation system is fine, but won't let you use it while driving even if your passenger is trying to use it. Bluetooth functionality is limited while driving as well. The backseat is tight for leg room. OnStar costs a fortune. The trunk is smaller than expected. Having said this, my ownership experience has been excellent despite the flaws. The stereo using DVD audio discs has OUTSTANDING sound quality and will make you really want it. The video image and functionalty of the navigation screen is large but average resolution. The interior ambience with DVD audio is great.

Cadillac Sport Sedan
By andy on 01/29/06 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I believe that the STS is a great value. The only option I got was the AWD, since before purchased I heard from many people "Cadillacs are bad in the snow". With OnStar, 6 airbags, traction control, a Lojack style tracking disabling device, I feel safe taking it on the road. I like this car a lot. It is not too big, and it has the big car feels

My Early Opinion
By joe casazza on 01/29/06 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my 2006 Cadillac STS V8. While its styling is appealing, the rear seat comfort is very tight. Also, its quality is not as good as I had expected. The instructions for the electronics is very confusing. Even dealer personnel have difficulty due to the use of different systems in different models. The keytless start feature is OK, but not great. the stereo is fantastic!

Get the AWD
By Not A Fossil on 01/23/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2WD Cadillac STS has trouble going when the forecast even calls for snow. My 2% driveway grade is too much for it with just a dusting. That being said, the ride and quality is better than my previous Lexus. It's fun to drive. I had to replace the front control arm after 6,000 milies though. This is a common problem with STS and CTS according to the service manager.

Awesome Car
By Barbemm on 01/22/06 15:13 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having had five previous Cadillac DeVilles, and one DTS, this STS all wheel drive is by far the most fun to drive. It handles and corners with unbelieveable control. I love driving this car. It is so quiet, I open the window to listen to hear if the engine is running. It is air tight, you don't hear a sound. The stereo is awesome. It still feels weird not using a key, but I am sure I will get used to it. The only three things I can compain about are the glove box is too small (I can't even fit the owners manual), the trunk space is not only limited but hard to get things in an out of, and the voice activation function is a joke. It doesn't understand perfect English, I say "windows down" and it says, "pardon, defrost on?"

Test Drive this Car!
By Clarence. E. Schutt on 01/20/06 15:54 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2006 Cadillac STS V8 car replaces my 1997 STS, which I was reluctant to part with, even after 100,000 miles. I am stunned by the improvement in high performance drivability, such as shifting on curves, and high speed maneuverability in traffic. The music system is superb, and satellite radio is a plus. I don't see why so many Americans buy a Lexus or BMW without putting this car to the test.

STS - Ride is VERY FIRM
By johnnocalif on 01/14/06 23:29 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a soft, luxurious Cadillac-style ride, you won't find it in the STS. Its bucket seats are pure Mercedes stiff. I have moved from a 2004 Jaguar S-Type with the Sport Package to a 2006 STS V6 with the Performance Luxury Package. I love the STS and all the technology. The STS feels more luxurious and larger. It has great ride, is quiet, and has no road vibration - but the seats are so firm that it ruins the ride. The lumbar support is too hard and does not fit a 6'2" body. The Jag S-Type rides softer on the freeway and tighter winding roads. I love many things about the STS, but a 1-2 hour drive is all that I can stand.

V8 STS
By David Anderson on 01/08/06 16:44 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2006 Cadillac STS V8 is truly a Cadillac and a sports car. It handles like a dream and gives great gas mileage too boot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.