2006 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Love it but Cramped
By ADMIN on 07/20/06 13:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my first ever Cadillac. It looks great, drives so smoothly but lacks backseat leg room and has very little storage room. It is very difficult to get out of, but overall it is luxury through and through.

It's Really Here
By Mister Anderson on 07/01/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The mid size luxury sedan that you are looking for is right here in America! Like everyone, I drove the usual suspects Audi, BMW, and Infiniti. The technology that Cadillac has invested in the STS is amazing. 5.1 surround sound, navigation, a true keyless remote, gracious styling and the quietest ride in its class. I sold an '03 Infiniti Coupe and an '05 Infiniti Sedan for the STS. Both are nice cars but the coupe was too loud inside. I have never looked back. Its can cruise at any speed.

Why doesn't Cadillac Listen!
By Bobb on 06/26/06 20:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My new STS is a well built alternative to the off shore crowd. I find it to be a quiet car with enough power to give it that "fun"factor." All in all, I am satisfied with the vehicle. That said, there are many shortcommings with the car that Cadillac never should have allowed to pass. The storage inside the car is just pitiful. The glove box is not large enough to fit my gloves in! The center console is tiny and there is no back seat storage to speak of. But it is the electronics that really sour my opinion of the car. Voice recognition? Not my voice. Want to use your Bluetooth phone? Not while you are moving. Change your destination on the Nav? Have to stop the car! This is simply a stupid design.

Vadillac STS - Better than a new BMW or MErcedes
By JARED LENNTER on 06/17/06 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car rides and handles better than our 2 year old BMW 7-Series. Its seats, braking, steering, and power "or a 6-cyl. are unreal. We could not be happier with a car. I am thankful America is producing strong quality for a reasonable price, $44,000 loaded.

Never again
By Jeff on 06/10/06 07:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I thought this car would be fun and practical. I have the STS 4, all wheel drive. I have owned it for 7 months and have already made four trips to the dealer and the issues are still not corrected. I have had on-going problems with the all wheel drive and leaks, seals, etc. It has excessive wind noise (which is a a joke for a $60,000 car, my Honda is much quieter). My car has a horrible issue with its acceleration / transmission and the engine nearly seeming to stall out when I want to accelarate on turns and corners. It has a poor HVAC system. It would take a librarian 6 weeks of reading to figure out all the electronics on the car and how to use them. The interior is way too small. Plus there is no back seat space. I am not happy.

The STS - Enjoy It For What It Is!
By bassplayer on 05/30/06 08:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove several sport sedans and entry level luxury cars before purchasing this one. The $5,000 dealer incentive had a lot to do with the purchase, I'll admit, but the car is tremendous, and a fine example of American car makers getting it right. It blends performance with luxury, and offers more back seat room and trunk space than several comparable cars. I agree with many reviewers that the glove box is poorly designed and offers no space. However, the combination of power, AWD, luxury, braking, toys (XM, OnStar, Nav, etc.) were too good to pass up. This is a great looking car with a compliant ride with just enough road feel for me. Bottom line, enjoy the car for what it is!

STS Cadillac
By ed on 05/17/06 07:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the finest Cadillac that I have driven to date (I have had nine previously). The handling is suberb and rivals that of a BMW (I have driven the 5- and 7-Series). The pickup is better than I espected from a V6 (less than 7 seconds). The interior is more than adequate for me (6'2"). This car has all the amenities that you would want and most are standard. I have white diamond paint which cost $995 retail which is a bit much, but it is a beautiful color. The car is very tight and there very little road noise that enters the cabin. While the STS isn't for everyone it is for the discerning driver. Hats off to GM because I think they finally got it right.

Cadillac V8 STS
By DMakoff on 05/15/06 21:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have leased. I find its ride to be more fun than the top tier German cars I have had and it has a better sound system. It is priced right, at considerable savings over the competition. GM got it right with this car.

No more Lexus for me...
By Marvin Mays on 05/04/06 03:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Cadillac STS. I was a Lexus man until I test drove a STS with the G package and the Northstar V-8. It's a whole lotta fun just to drive around the city. Driving on the open road will take your breath away. It is nice to see an american car built this well

Power, Luxury, Price Equals Value
By Skyking on 04/04/06 05:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After looking at V8 models of comparable cars from Inifinti, Lexus, and Mercedes I discovered the answer was built in America, In style, performance, technology, comfort, convience, and luxury the the Cadillac STS added up to value. The convenience of making a call and having the car picked up for service with a loaner STS dropped off cannot be beat. It is everything I was looking for in a car for less money than the competitors. When more costs less I consider that the mark of VALUE.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.