2006 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
The Cadillac
By roger on 04/25/07 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Dealership did not know about the slap stick shifter. I worked in Chicago for 4 months commuting and the car got great mileage. I live 90 miles from Chicago. The mileage in the city was terrible. I was getting 14.0 to 15.3! I thought I was getting a wood grain steering wheel. I guess it was not in the 1sb package. V6 never again. The transmission stays in the current gear when you stomp the gas. GM blew that. Turning radius is not tight enough. That button you hold for 7 second is OK but the transmisson is better when you don't use the computers.

Imports Beware!
By Queen on 04/23/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Driving this car is like a dream. I never imagined owning a Cadillac and when I bought this one, I was actually looking at the Mercedes E350. After driving this car, you can't even compare them. The Cadillac won hands down. I recommend anyone looking in the luxury class to seriously think about taking a test drive in the STS before making a decision. It will change the way you think and look at American made cars. The manager at the dealer told me if I just drove the STS, I may never drive anything else. I think he may be right!

Fails to Meet Expecations
By Former Caddy Man on 03/17/07 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has lots of promise, but fails to deliver. The quality of the car itself as well as the dealer service has been very poor in my experience. I have experienced a number of breakdowns requiring tows. It has had repeated problems and the dealer has not been able to resolve them. This should not occur with a car like this. The transmission is rough and uncertain at low speeds and the electronics either don't work as billed or don't work as designed.

Satisfied Customer
By J Scott on 03/09/07 10:13 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my STS for two months. I read the reviews here before buying it and I am very pleased with my decision to buy the 2006 STS. It is more of a sports car than I expected. The V6 engine has plenty of power for the car. I got it loaded and I am enjoying it very much. I think any complaints you may read here are overblown. You will be glad you bought this car. I just can't comment about the long term reliability because I have only owned it for two months. Its fuel economy has been 23 mpg highway / 14 mpg city.

Ron's Stealth Gray/Cashmere STS
By Ron on 02/12/07 16:50 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a good car with great incentives to buy or lease. The ride is firm and quiet. If you want the cushy ride of yesteryear move on. It's quiet and feels good at highway speeds. The V6 is quite impressive, smooth and fast off the line or for passing. It is quieter than the noisy Northstar V8. Its gas mileage is fair, but it's regular gas so deal with it! I have the cashmere interior with lighter wood trim and steering wheel...awesome look. The electronics are a challenge, but good. The voice recognition needs improvement. I'm not disappointed at all.

Cadillac is Back
By Richard on 01/04/07 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After two decades of owning Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti, I decided to test the Cadillac STS. I selected the STS over the Mercedes E350 and Infiniti M35. Its ride is firm but smooth. The electronic features are fantastic. Remote start with heated seats and steering wheel make cold mornings easier. The 15 speaker Bose stereo with XM radio is FANTASTIC. I get about 20 MPG on my commute and on a recent road trip I averaged 23 MPG at 80 MPH.

Awesome STS
By "S" Man on 12/30/06 17:58 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in November and so far it is great! I love just about everything this car has to offer. The ride is very quiet and the 6-cylinder engine offers a lot of pep - there really is no need for the V8 and the additional cost that goes with it! The interior is top notch and it has all the features you could ask for. I have received a lot of positive comments on this car!

I Can't Believe It's Not a V8.
By American cars only! on 12/23/06 08:58 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 STS with the 300HP Northstar engine for my new STS all wheel drive with the 6-cyl. engine. I had low expectations concerning it's performance, but I am very impressed by how responsive and fun to drive this car is. I have put 2,500 miles on it so far and the car is defect free. The car is the same weight as my old STS but it feels much more light and nimble. Overall, I am delighted with it.

2006 STS V6
By James B on 12/20/06 16:43 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car. It has a smooth quiet ride, handles great, the Bose stereo is a must! The V6 has more than enough power.

2006 STS Bad Brakes?
By Garry on 12/19/06 20:41 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

For 20 months and 18,000 miles I have considered my 2006 STS the best car I've owned. It is truly great road car, and just plain fun to own. Today I went in for regular maintenance, my dealer informed me that the car required new front pads and rotors, $900! He went as far as to say all CTS and STS have "soft" brakes and I can expect to repeat today's expense every 18,000 to 20,000 miles. My disappointment is profound.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.