2006 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
The Good Outweighs the Bad
By KSMYSTS on 08/22/10 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Cadillac, and my second STS. The new design definitely tops my former Seville STS. It is a very fun car to drive, and has lots of power at any speed, without using Sport/Manual mode. Sure there are things I would change and things that aren't fantastic (like any car), but the good makes those easy to overlook. The styling with traditional Cadillac cues is a win for me, and I love all the bells and whistles - after all, this is a Cadillac. I feel great driving it, a very responsive car - it is difficult to find performance and luxury in the same package, but this is an example of it.

Not Bad for a used CAR
By Romiee on 07/09/10 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the caddie STS 06 v8 with 50,000k. IT was out of warranty though but that didn't bother me. Its a great car and very stylish. I had the CTS 07 2.8l prior and traded that in for a little more luxury. Only paid additional 3,000 for difference. Again great car and very happy. Had small minors repairs like mass air flow sensor replaced and rear brake pads. I do a lot of driving and have already put almost 10,000 miles in 8 months. This car can go on for a very long time. Just maintain the oil changes every 5,000 or 6,000 miles using synthetic motor oil for the STS v8. Highly Recommend putting Super or premium gasoline in this car for better engine protection and performance. :)

I love this car
By Jeff lapsker on 06/23/10 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drove Japanese cars my whole life. I am 52. This 2006 STS V-8 was purchased with 28,000 miles in June of 2010. Paid 21,000 and added a $3,000 bumper to bumper additional 50,000 mile warranty. This car is solid, No outside noise heard. Beautiful on the outside and inside. The most powerful engine I've ever had and it moves effortlessly. The tach never has to go higher than 2200 rpm even at 80 mph. There is a penalty for all this power. I probably will spend $1500- 2000 more money in gas per year than my V-6 Maxima and avalon engines. I couldn't afford a new STS. So I got lucky getting an 06 with only 28,000 miles. And it doesn't have a scratch. Looks like new. Who uses the glove box

Glad I bought it used
By Va rider on 10/30/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

have read many reviews. I agree: a little firmer than my 2001 SLS. Not used to bumpier ride. Mileage is 13 in town and 19 on the road with hi test and Cad recommended fuel (Texaco). I test drove an 80,000 mile BMW 750i before and much nicer and same price. Retails for $101K now but an STS V-8 is easily $68K. Next time or next car: AWD

Beautiful but Unreliable
By John Bantsolas on 10/15/09 05:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned the car 6 months (bought it used with 30,000 miles - now have 36,000 miles on it); drives beautifully but have had 3 major repairs (fortunately still under warranty): engine oil lead (had to disassemble and replace gasket), a/c (needed new compressor), and most recently, coolant leak (needed new water pump). These are repairs I would not expect before 100,000 miles.

Don't Buy This Car - At least the 2006
By I Bought What??? on 04/01/09 06:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a Certified 2006 STS w/ 20,000 miles in July 2008. Excellent condition. I traded my Toyota Solara with no regrets until ... the moaning sounds started. Forget driving this car on long interstate trips involving mountains. This is the most annoying noise ever. I've had it to the dealer 6 times for repair without any luck. They claim to "reprogram" whatever it is they "reprogram," but it never repairs the problem. I didn't think a car like this with over a $55,000 price tag new would have so many problems. I cannot speak for the V6, but the V8 is not up to par with even the 3.0 V6 in my former vehicle the Solara. I'm ready for another Toyota! Tell me again why GM is in a mess?

Simply the Best
By c77ward on 09/26/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a Cadillac STS after trying all car makers, BMW, Mercedes, Acura and Went back home to the General. I am a car enthusiast and have owned over 20 cars in a 25 year time span. Cadillac has matched or beat the competition with the new sigma platform & V8 VVTI Northstar. For too many years, Auto magazines have prejudiced Car Buyers from buying American Luxury, I dare anyone serious about buying a top end luxury car with tons of bells and whistles and high end power to test drive this car. It can rival or beat any E or 5 series German Made Car with no match. 5.9 0-60 on my 2wd STS is comparable to the german made,and the Spec V is faster. The ride far surpasses anything they can muster.

Great STS
By The Maj on 07/14/08 13:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Lincolns, Pontiacs, and Buicks, but this STS is the best vehicle I have ever owned, from styling to the ride comfort, this car is the best and if you like bells and whistles, no car out there can match it. But I would definitely get a warranty, too many things could go wrong. I see why Cadillac owners are always Cadillac owners

Best caddy so far
By cuda783 on 06/26/08 21:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Sts and I would say this is the best one yet. I have owned the last three style changes of the car. Mine is the fully loaded v-8 awd model, with nav, headsup, and mag ride control. I have a 03 CTS and a 05 ESV and I would have to say I like this the best. Price is a little steep at $72,000 with all the options but it sure beats giving the Japanese more money! If you are worried about the gas, you can't afford the car! The v-8 is just as good on gas as the Cts with the 6cyl

Disappointing STS-V
By Disapp STS-V on 12/30/07 10:35 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had 4 major failures repairs to date. Purchased in July 06. 1. Front end rack and pinion failure- two occurences 2. Wheel bearings in both front and back 3. Park gear sensor in transmission replaced-computer does not recognize that car is in park. 4. Im afraid #3 has caused a problem with the transmission as the car does not have any "impulse" power when put in drive. 5. Overall very disappointing automobile so far. I would definitely not recommend purchasing. I certainly will not make this mistake again. BMW and Lexus much better for the money. I have owned both. Tried to go with American car maker this time around. Extremely disappointed. Good Luck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.