2006 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Best Car We Ever Drove
By stser on 08/11/14 13:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in June 2006 for my wife and two middle school boys. Boys are grown and gone, but car is still excellent. 108,000 miles and counting. Lots of short cold winter starts which can really wear on an engine, but no problems. Used synthetic oil and changed only every 10,000 miles. Ash tray covers (f&b) both broke off, and the bushings in the front suspension have moved out of place so we do get some clunking noises over bumps. Both headlamps burned out within months of each other and were costly to replace because the whole front end had to come off. On third set of tires, otherwise no issues. If looking at used...I would buy my car again. Hope to keep it another 100,000 miles. Good GM!

Cadillac Delivers Excellence, GM does not.
By darkmatter on 05/28/13 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 3.6L v6 STS fully loaded for $10,000 after my previous Cadillac, a 2000 Deville DHS, was totaled from hail damage. I needed to get a new car quickly, and I had my first Cadillac for so long with no issues; I wanted to stick to the brand. When I first sat in the vehicle the overwhelming number of "intuitive" features was extremely intimidating. Overtime, they grew on me, and the immense customization became a tool from the vehicle to optimize a perfect driving experience. However, with all the great number of features and beautiful styling of the car I found it was easy to overlook the mechanics. One week after I purchased the vehicle, I noticed a "clicking" noise. Continued:

No regrets
By eracism on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the vehicle with 56,000 miles on it. I drive around 3,000 miles a month. I am 6'6" tall. The car is comfortable and rides great. It is a V6 and has enough power. I am partial to caddy's. My first car was a 1970 sedan deville. I should have purchased the all wheel drive for I live up north and the car is terrible in the snow. I currently have 114,000 miles on it with no problems. i change the oil every 3,000 miles. I am looking forward to reaching 200,000 miles.

Love My Caddy
By Jordan on 09/03/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car certified used with 34,000 on it. So far I love the Caddy. I traded in my 2002 Lexus GS300 due to a series of electrical issues. I wanted to buy luxury and AMERICAN so I went with the STS V6. This car is a weekend driver for me as I have a company car. So far I have had it in for warranty service 3 times. The window switch in the back seat went out (roll down but not up), the ashtray trim piece broke, and the selector switch for the power mirrors broke. All under warranty. The technology in this car rivals my Dad's E350 and will out perform the Mercedes all day. It is American and has some squeaks now and then but overall a dream to drive and turns heads. Love this car

Nice Car with a few defects
By Allen Lobb on 08/25/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchase the car used with 38,000 miles. Engine consumes a quart of oil about every 3000 miles. Using the oil recommended by Cadillac which is Mobil One-5w30. No signs of oil leaks, no smoke out of the exhaust pipe. Cadillac drive OK if you don't mind the popping sound in the driver seat when turning corners. Also, sometime the lights in the dash below the speedo/tach go out. Our third Calillac, the last two had electrical problems. After 8 years with Cadillac, this will be our last one.

Engine Trouble After 3 years
By Martin on 08/18/10 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 STS after owning a volvo for 14 years. Never had to replace the motor or transmission. I thought I was going to own this car for a number of years without major problems. Wrong! In the shop now with engine problem. The price keeps going up just to identify what's wrong. Paid too much money to have problems so soon. I am now wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing this car. I thought this would be the car that would take me into retirement. It's a good looking car, but it has it's down falls such as useless glove compartment, limited storage space in doors, small truck for a med size nice looking car, noisy, and limited room in the back seats.

Nice Care
By Ike on 05/19/10 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After two year - I'm happy. Sorry to report that I had to have brakes and rotors replaced @ 43K. Bought with 16k - so no reason to replace the brakes - tires a still good for another 20k. Rides nice, all the bells and whistles are cool. Overall not bad except for the brakes. Recommend to someone looking for a nice car, great features, and class. Drove 1100 miles in two day and felt great getting out of the car. Ave 28 mpg - very good for an AWD, 6 cyl. I do get a lot of road noise when driving on concrete. Other then that - nice.

not for winter driving
By sts on 05/10/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Lousy car in winter. Car should not be sold without four wheel drive in this area. GM messed up on this. Also my 8 cylinder Cadillac got better mileage than the 6.

Cadillac STS Awd
By Cadillac STS on 09/15/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my STS 14 months now.I don't know what problems other people are having, but my STS has not seen the dealer since I bought it. The only thing I have done is changed oil at 9400 miles and rotate the tires at the same time. I average 20 mpg , not bad could be better. The exterior design is beautiful, although standard wheels should be 18's. The interior is beautiful with exception of cheap hard plastics on the center stack. Seats are to firm. Overall I love the car, well that is until I saw the 08 CTS. I kind of feel like I am driving an old mans car next to the new CTS.

Cadillac Man!
By Mark Anthony on 07/27/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th new Cadillac and so far the best. People are in awe when I tell them the features. Windows down by voice, push button start, keyless access, just walk up to the car and the car door opens automatically. 15 speaker Bose stereo and navigation screen, it even plays DVD's and MP3's! The automatic transmission shifts without the clutch. I just love this car. I clean it everyday!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.