2006 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Best Car We Ever Drove
By stser on 08/11/14 13:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in June 2006 for my wife and two middle school boys. Boys are grown and gone, but car is still excellent. 108,000 miles and counting. Lots of short cold winter starts which can really wear on an engine, but no problems. Used synthetic oil and changed only every 10,000 miles. Ash tray covers (f&b) both broke off, and the bushings in the front suspension have moved out of place so we do get some clunking noises over bumps. Both headlamps burned out within months of each other and were costly to replace because the whole front end had to come off. On third set of tires, otherwise no issues. If looking at used...I would buy my car again. Hope to keep it another 100,000 miles. Good GM!

Cadillac Delivers Excellence, GM does not.
By darkmatter on 05/28/13 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 3.6L v6 STS fully loaded for $10,000 after my previous Cadillac, a 2000 Deville DHS, was totaled from hail damage. I needed to get a new car quickly, and I had my first Cadillac for so long with no issues; I wanted to stick to the brand. When I first sat in the vehicle the overwhelming number of "intuitive" features was extremely intimidating. Overtime, they grew on me, and the immense customization became a tool from the vehicle to optimize a perfect driving experience. However, with all the great number of features and beautiful styling of the car I found it was easy to overlook the mechanics. One week after I purchased the vehicle, I noticed a "clicking" noise. Continued:

No regrets
By eracism on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the vehicle with 56,000 miles on it. I drive around 3,000 miles a month. I am 6'6" tall. The car is comfortable and rides great. It is a V6 and has enough power. I am partial to caddy's. My first car was a 1970 sedan deville. I should have purchased the all wheel drive for I live up north and the car is terrible in the snow. I currently have 114,000 miles on it with no problems. i change the oil every 3,000 miles. I am looking forward to reaching 200,000 miles.

Love My Caddy
By Jordan on 09/03/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car certified used with 34,000 on it. So far I love the Caddy. I traded in my 2002 Lexus GS300 due to a series of electrical issues. I wanted to buy luxury and AMERICAN so I went with the STS V6. This car is a weekend driver for me as I have a company car. So far I have had it in for warranty service 3 times. The window switch in the back seat went out (roll down but not up), the ashtray trim piece broke, and the selector switch for the power mirrors broke. All under warranty. The technology in this car rivals my Dad's E350 and will out perform the Mercedes all day. It is American and has some squeaks now and then but overall a dream to drive and turns heads. Love this car

Nice Car with a few defects
By Allen Lobb on 08/25/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchase the car used with 38,000 miles. Engine consumes a quart of oil about every 3000 miles. Using the oil recommended by Cadillac which is Mobil One-5w30. No signs of oil leaks, no smoke out of the exhaust pipe. Cadillac drive OK if you don't mind the popping sound in the driver seat when turning corners. Also, sometime the lights in the dash below the speedo/tach go out. Our third Calillac, the last two had electrical problems. After 8 years with Cadillac, this will be our last one.

The Good Outweighs the Bad
By KSMYSTS on 08/22/10 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Cadillac, and my second STS. The new design definitely tops my former Seville STS. It is a very fun car to drive, and has lots of power at any speed, without using Sport/Manual mode. Sure there are things I would change and things that aren't fantastic (like any car), but the good makes those easy to overlook. The styling with traditional Cadillac cues is a win for me, and I love all the bells and whistles - after all, this is a Cadillac. I feel great driving it, a very responsive car - it is difficult to find performance and luxury in the same package, but this is an example of it.

Engine Trouble After 3 years
By Martin on 08/18/10 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 STS after owning a volvo for 14 years. Never had to replace the motor or transmission. I thought I was going to own this car for a number of years without major problems. Wrong! In the shop now with engine problem. The price keeps going up just to identify what's wrong. Paid too much money to have problems so soon. I am now wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing this car. I thought this would be the car that would take me into retirement. It's a good looking car, but it has it's down falls such as useless glove compartment, limited storage space in doors, small truck for a med size nice looking car, noisy, and limited room in the back seats.

Not Bad for a used CAR
By Romiee on 07/09/10 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the caddie STS 06 v8 with 50,000k. IT was out of warranty though but that didn't bother me. Its a great car and very stylish. I had the CTS 07 2.8l prior and traded that in for a little more luxury. Only paid additional 3,000 for difference. Again great car and very happy. Had small minors repairs like mass air flow sensor replaced and rear brake pads. I do a lot of driving and have already put almost 10,000 miles in 8 months. This car can go on for a very long time. Just maintain the oil changes every 5,000 or 6,000 miles using synthetic motor oil for the STS v8. Highly Recommend putting Super or premium gasoline in this car for better engine protection and performance. :)

I love this car
By Jeff lapsker on 06/23/10 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drove Japanese cars my whole life. I am 52. This 2006 STS V-8 was purchased with 28,000 miles in June of 2010. Paid 21,000 and added a $3,000 bumper to bumper additional 50,000 mile warranty. This car is solid, No outside noise heard. Beautiful on the outside and inside. The most powerful engine I've ever had and it moves effortlessly. The tach never has to go higher than 2200 rpm even at 80 mph. There is a penalty for all this power. I probably will spend $1500- 2000 more money in gas per year than my V-6 Maxima and avalon engines. I couldn't afford a new STS. So I got lucky getting an 06 with only 28,000 miles. And it doesn't have a scratch. Looks like new. Who uses the glove box

Nice Care
By Ike on 05/19/10 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After two year - I'm happy. Sorry to report that I had to have brakes and rotors replaced @ 43K. Bought with 16k - so no reason to replace the brakes - tires a still good for another 20k. Rides nice, all the bells and whistles are cool. Overall not bad except for the brakes. Recommend to someone looking for a nice car, great features, and class. Drove 1100 miles in two day and felt great getting out of the car. Ave 28 mpg - very good for an AWD, 6 cyl. I do get a lot of road noise when driving on concrete. Other then that - nice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.