2005 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Outstanding Vehicle

2005 Cadillac STS - Consumer Review

Outstanding Vehicle
By Ed Durante on

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only 2,500 miles on this car, but they have been very enjoyable miles. The car is solid, and extremely quiet, except when I have the 15 speaker Bose DVD system cranked up. The power is awsome, and the handling smooth and responsive. This is my fourth consecutive Cadillac in the Seville line. The past vehicles were SLS's and I loved them. I was having mixed emotions turning in my last car which was a 2002 SLS. It only took one test drive of the new STS and I never got into the old car again, and didn't look back. The controls are state of the art and user friendly. From programming the features to using the GPS navigation system. The car is an absolute dream to drive and own.

Favorite Features

Besides the power and handling, the Bose DVD system is probably my favorite feature. The sunroof has also turned out to be a great addition. I haven't used the GPS system that much but it could come in handy when travelling out of the area.

Suggested Improvements

The only area for improvement is the initial gas mileage. The first tank went very fast and at 10 MPG. It is slowly improving and is now at 14.2 MPG. Another needed improvement would be some sort of stealth technology. Speeding tickets are expensive. HA.