2005 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Great American Car
By BaltoMan on 05/15/05 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all the competitors - BMW 5 series, MB 300's, Lexus 300's, Acura TL and RL, Audi, and Infiniti M35/45. The Cadillac has edgier styling, better or as good as interior than all but Audi (BMW was pitiful). It also has better build and reliability than the European cars, more fun and masculine than Lexus or Acura. Only the Infiniti was close. It has more toys for the money and the option packages made more sense. But the STS is stylish, roomy, confortable and a great drive. Best of all, it's made in America.

Great vehicle
By caddy4life on 05/14/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. it looks amazing driving down the street. I even got a complement from a Mercedes owner. The STS drives great and I love the cruise control that slows down when you get too close to another car. The heated/cooled seats are great for any weather. The navigation screen is big and easy to see even when the sun is out by moving the screen back and forth.

STS Rocks!
By Jeff D'Amato on 05/11/05 19:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car is What puts Cadillac over the top. Not soft and old like Lexas. Not hard, business like and ugly like the new BMW's. By far the best stereo system in any car at any price.The STS Rocks!

They did Good
By L.Englander on 05/07/05 10:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I like the looks and performance and I got the car loaded with just about every piece of optional equipment. It's nice to have people stare and compliment me on the car and maybe some day I'll figure out how to use all the gadgets.

My first Cadillac
By Carlos Couto on 04/28/05 22:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

In my 30 plus years of driving I have driven all makes and some of the best cars in the world including Rolls Royce, and I have never seen a car so confortable, safe and tecnicaly advanced as my new STS. I truly enjoy driving it. Be aware that you lose your privacy, wherever you go people just keep looking at the car and driver (I think I like it). What a great buy I have made.

Luxury and fun car
By csquare on 04/24/05 01:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well designed and makes driving a pleasure. The engineers really gave a lot of thought to this design. It is ergonomically correct!

On the road again
By Mrs. R M Wheeler on 04/22/05 04:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We traded 2002 DeVille in after test driving our STS 2005 Northstar V8. We test drove a Jaguar and a Mercedes a few months back. We weren't in the market to really purchase a new car, but after driving the STS, we were sold. Handles like a dream, drives true and is really fun to drive. I am so lucky my husband who has is a car buff from way back, said he wouldn't consider the V6. When the salesman rode with us in the V8, he said it did have a little more pep than the V6! Beautifully done car, inside and out. Cadillac has a winner and so do we.

I love my STS
By hrsavage on 04/06/05 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Over a 50 year span, my new STS is my 47th car and without doubt it is the best one I have owned. Its' handling and all out drivability surpass anything I have ever driven, including 8 Mercedes and 3 Porsches, even a Lotus. And at 75 mph, it gets 24 miles to the gallon. Cadillac is again the standard of the world. All this for $50,000. Imagine!

My Third STS
By mike h on 04/05/05 21:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Seems that with each model, Cadillac moves the STS across the scale: away from luxury, closer to sporty This car is fun to drive, but not as comfortable as a luxury car should be. There are some human factors issues to be worked out in: programming features, use of radio from steering column, no room for driver's lower body parts; wind tunnel testing to get rid of a lot of noise.

STS,nice but bland
By Papabal on 03/24/05 15:13 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My V6 STS rides, handles and generally feels better than the 2003 Seville V8 STS it replaced and so far seems screwed together loads better than any previous GM I've owned. But the styling outside and inside seems too bland. Designers seem to like the plain, trimless body sides these days (probably cheaper too), but on this car, like many others (BMW etc) there is too much flat sheet metal from window sill to rocker that will only attract dings and chips which will be accentuated by the flat expanse. On the inside, the voice navigation system really needs work and I defy someone to find the clock when stuff is turned on. Room could be better on such a large car.