Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Cadillac is the Best
By large sedan

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My miles have been - 33% city, 33% 300 mile trips, and 33% long trips. Around town I ave between getting 20 to 21 mpg. On the 300 mile trips I ave 24 mpg, and on long trips I avg. 25 mpg. With 36,000 miles and counting I have not had any problems requiring service. This is my second Cadillac, after two Buicks. I will trade it in for another Cadillac at 70,000 to 90,000 miles. My experience with the dealer has been tremendous. They pick up and return my car for service. They offer a ride if I drop off the car for oil changes. When I go for an oil change I make an appointment and wait in a plush waiting room with hot coffee and pastries available for "free."

The ride is great and the handling is great. I like the features including FM radio, On Star availability, the backup sensor and the rain sensor.

I have not used a car with a rear viewing camera but it would be an option I would consider. I can think of no other improvements.

Almost Perfect!
By stephen leonhard

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car's seats are downright uncomfortable after three hours. The interior is cheap looking and hard surfaces abound. The glove box barely holds the owner's manual. Altogether too much tire and road noise enters cabin. It requires 150 pounds of sand bags in trunk to get modest winter traction. Having said this, this car has great handling. The steering and brakes are excellent.

The handling and performance.

Give it an improved interior design and materials. Redesign the seats for greater comfort.

Tires
By J.Stiles

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

At 10,000 miles my STS developed a thumping noise, which was especially noisy at low speed. Our dealer diagnosed this as a tire problem and replaced (free of charge) our front tires. The noise dissipated to almost nothing, it is but still noticeable in the rear tires. I was a little surprised that the dealer charged us for a full alignment on the new tires.

Without question, the ease of handling and the general appearance of the car

The same as everyone, the glove box and trunk are too small. It should also have a larger date and clock font. Our black car should have black undercoat, every stone chip shows up white.

2005 STS
By sports sedan

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car new 7/26/06 with 355 miles on it. Within two weeks, I made a trip to WA state. I never averaged below 25.5 MPG. For the most part, I averaged near 28 MPG. The acceleration was great. The dip stick showed little or no use of oil. I thoroughly enjoyed all the amenities (OnStar, XM radio, dual a/c, and driver memory settings). The STS was quiet and practically drove itsself, even on poorly maintained roads.

I like the driver memory positions, automatic mirror positioning when backing up, Northstar engine performance, dual A/C controls, on screen radio settings, six CD changer, and all the air bags for safety.

None so far. The car is good to look at, fun to drive, and gets good mileage.

The Most Car for the Money
By Mark Moran

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The car rides somewhere between a Lexus and a BMW. It is firm and responsive, especially in sport driving mode (or manual shifting) with the performance transmission setting. It really zips along.

I enjoy the technology inside. The navigation system is awesome. The touch screen beats iDrive hands down. The bluetooth works very well, though I wish there were not so many menus to call "Home" or any other voice tag selection...(telephone...dial name..."home"...Yes...). The sound system excellent.