Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Best Car I Have Owned
By mack

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac STS is by far the best car I have ever owned. I traded a 2003 CTS in for this one. The CTS is sort of a "Starter Cadillac." The STS' bells and whistles seem to never end. I keep finding new ones. Its ride is awesome.

Favorite Features

The V8 power, navigation system, handling and overall comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk size and blind spot when backing up.

2005 Cadillac STS
By ItalianINNewENGLAND

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, being 30 years-old and buying my 6th Caddy, this one is the nicest by far. Every time I am out, people comment on the sleekness of it and it's stately appearance. They do have to fix a couple things on it however (stated below). But overall, it's American made and put together cheaply. It's only worth $30,000 at the most.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry, heated/air seats, BOSE surround sound, navigation system's ability to change languages (I speak Italian fluently and it's amazing how I can communicate with the car speaking Italian!)

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth stinks. I go through brakes like I change underwear. The gas mileage is poor. The glove box can only hold three tissues and then it won't close after that. The darn gas tank needs to be put on the other side! UGGH!

Cadillac is the Best
By large sedan

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My miles have been - 33% city, 33% 300 mile trips, and 33% long trips. Around town I ave between getting 20 to 21 mpg. On the 300 mile trips I ave 24 mpg, and on long trips I avg. 25 mpg. With 36,000 miles and counting I have not had any problems requiring service. This is my second Cadillac, after two Buicks. I will trade it in for another Cadillac at 70,000 to 90,000 miles. My experience with the dealer has been tremendous. They pick up and return my car for service. They offer a ride if I drop off the car for oil changes. When I go for an oil change I make an appointment and wait in a plush waiting room with hot coffee and pastries available for "free."

Favorite Features

The ride is great and the handling is great. I like the features including FM radio, On Star availability, the backup sensor and the rain sensor.

Suggested Improvements

I have not used a car with a rear viewing camera but it would be an option I would consider. I can think of no other improvements.

Almost Perfect!
By stephen leonhard

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car's seats are downright uncomfortable after three hours. The interior is cheap looking and hard surfaces abound. The glove box barely holds the owner's manual. Altogether too much tire and road noise enters cabin. It requires 150 pounds of sand bags in trunk to get modest winter traction. Having said this, this car has great handling. The steering and brakes are excellent.

Favorite Features

The handling and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Give it an improved interior design and materials. Redesign the seats for greater comfort.

Tires
By J.Stiles

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

At 10,000 miles my STS developed a thumping noise, which was especially noisy at low speed. Our dealer diagnosed this as a tire problem and replaced (free of charge) our front tires. The noise dissipated to almost nothing, it is but still noticeable in the rear tires. I was a little surprised that the dealer charged us for a full alignment on the new tires.

Favorite Features

Without question, the ease of handling and the general appearance of the car

Suggested Improvements

The same as everyone, the glove box and trunk are too small. It should also have a larger date and clock font. Our black car should have black undercoat, every stone chip shows up white.