2005 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
2005 Cadillac STS
By gordon petry on 08/30/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our 2005 Cadillac STS for less than two months but so far really love it except for the small glove box. This is our fourth one and we really love it. We had some problems with the carpet but my dealer and Cadillac renewed it. We hope to buy another one in a couple of years.

Happy choice to replace Acura TLs
By w.j.bridges on 08/20/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Cadillac STS is a great road car. Fuel mileage (overall) 21 mpg but engine not yet broken in with 1,000 miles. Leather seats could be softer but quality is good. Only dissatisfaction is with glove box which is rediculously designed and much too small. Good storage between seats helps. Previous 3 cars were Acura TLs which were great cars, but just as satisfied with STS.

Goodbye BMW, Hello Cadillac
By John Gordon on 08/18/05 16:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I own both a 2004 BMW M3 and a 2000 BMW M5. Due to poor reliability (the M5 spent more time in the shop than on the road) I decided to try an American car and bought a Cadillac STS. Although the handling is not as tight as the BMW. The ride and technology in the STS is superior. The STS holds it's own in performance.

Great Car
By PeteB on 08/12/05 20:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This STS is a great car! The STS drives so smoothly, with all the power and handling that you would expect in a luxury car. I have owned a lot of cars and this is one of the best. The STS has best balance between ride and handling over the competition. I agree with Edmunds.com's Editors best picks for 2005. I would never have probably looked at a Cadillac without the excellent reviews. I look for opportunities to drive this car! I think that the rear seat comfort could be improved though, but other than that I have no complaints so far! Also, received a great deal on a great car!

Outstanding Vehicle
By Ed Durante on 07/30/05 17:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only 2,500 miles on this car, but they have been very enjoyable miles. The car is solid, and extremely quiet, except when I have the 15 speaker Bose DVD system cranked up. The power is awsome, and the handling smooth and responsive. This is my fourth consecutive Cadillac in the Seville line. The past vehicles were SLS's and I loved them. I was having mixed emotions turning in my last car which was a 2002 SLS. It only took one test drive of the new STS and I never got into the old car again, and didn't look back. The controls are state of the art and user friendly. From programming the features to using the GPS navigation system. The car is an absolute dream to drive and own.

Look at the V6!
By FrmrBMWguy on 07/30/05 09:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I formerly have driven BMW's for the past decade. The price on the new 7-Series has gotten a little pricey, so I looked at alternatives. For the money, I could not have found a better drive. I tested the V8 for a week then the V6. There is truly NO noticable difference in the performance, and since the majority of my driving is in the city, I would highly recommend the STS V6. Fully optioned it is priced closely to the base V8.

Great Car to Own
By Joe on 07/27/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac and is the best car I ever purchased. It is fun to drive and is loaded with technology. The white diamond paint with cashmere interior draws attention. Kudos to GM's Cadillac Division.

Best Cadillac I Ever Owned
By nick moscato on 07/27/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Cadillacs from 1980 till now, my '92 was the best looking coupe but this car is the best handling car in any weather, its easy to drive more than enough power with the V6 takes regular gas. This car is fun to drive. The nav system is great, I cannot find anything wrong with this car, look fit comfort are great. Thanks Cadillac for creating a beautiful and stealhty looking vehicle.

Best Built Luxury Vehicle that I've Owned
By P SII on 07/27/05 10:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the Audi A8 and the Mercedes E-Class and by far I must say that the new STS is by far the best to drive and it handles on a dime. I was merely impressed to see that GM has gotten a vechicle to play with those that others claim to be the best in this class.

Consumer Rating for Cadillac STS
By Dianne Adams on 07/11/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is in one word awesome. You have to drive one to believe the over all performance, comfort and whatever you would ever dream of having in a car. I have owned a few Cadillac's, they were all wonderful cars but nothing like this one. Competitors can't touch this one. I love my STS.