Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan 3.6L V6
By JNo

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Fabulous. I bought this car used and have put over 6,000 miles on it in two months. It is simply built to smoothly take in the road. If I hold it under 80 I can get around 28 mpg, but wind resistance drags it down at higher speeds. I love the leather heated seats, and the way it was built to NOT accommodate a bunch of clutter. This car is a show piece and turns heads everywhere I go. Perfect.

Leather, heated seats, rain sense windshield, backup assist.

I wish the trunk was just a bit larger. Two sets of golf clubs plus luggage is nearly impossible. My car has a minor tapping sound coming out of the sun roof at times that I am going to have to get fixed, and I get the occasional noise coming from the climate control. Mild issues, all.

A Keeper
By Caddy Lover

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great in almost every way. Thought it was me, at 70, turning the chicks head, but turns out it's the Red Line Red color. Guys if you're looking for women, forget e-harmony.com, get a '05 STS Red Line Red. Sleek in every way.Sorry i didn't buy the AWD.

Exterior sleek design, radio system, great driving car, handles perfectly, heated front seats and system recognition of driver. Love the gas tank on opposite side; can typically use shorter line at fill up time.

Somewhat noisy interior. My '98 STS was quieter.

Uncomforable driver's seat
By Connie Lara

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the power my car has but, I really have a problem with the comfort of the driver's seat. After a 3 hour drive my right leg starts to cramp and I get pain in my hip. I attributed this to back surgery but after reading the reviews on this car I am glad to find out it is not me. The dealership has been great but I am disappointed with the car considering it is supposed to be a luxury vehicle.

Heated seats and heated steering wheel, remote start.

Please fix the seats especially the drivers and the glove box barely holds your insurance and registration.

Love my 2005 STS
By Rob & Renee in WA

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We traded a 2006 Subaru Outback in on this car. We wanted something larger and better looking and boy did we get it! Interior is roomy and seats (front and back) are extremely comfortable. Tons of leg room, even in the back seat. We like the seperate climate controls, power sunroof, and the automatic driver settings. This car will adjust the seat and mirror settings for two drivers. It is really neat getting into the car after my husband has used it, and the seats and mirrors are set exactly where I like them. Trunk is a bit small & the glove box is a joke. Gorgeous exterior and extreme pick up. Very fast and fun to drive. This is not your grandpa's car!

Love the seperate climate controls, power sunroof, and the seat & mirror memory that works for two drivers. Car is fast and powerful, it is a quiet ride inside. Very comfy seats & lots of legroom. Exterior body style is very attractive.

The trunk is a bit small and the glove box is a joke. Some of the dashboard controls are difficult to figure out because the pictures on them don't make sense. The computerized settings for mirror & seat memory are a bit difficult to set.

Standard of the World: 2005 STS V8 1SG
By BenjaminSimon

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I may only be 24 but this Caddy is one of the finest cars I have even been in. Sure a 7 series or S class is better, but I cannot afford those. I like how heads turn when I drive by. I have every factory option and I would have it no other way. I live in the south, so AWD is something that I did not want. AWD hurts both performance and gas mileage. Instead I got performance handling package. (It was a either/or option with AWD) The gas mileage is very average, but I did not buy this car to save money on gas. The MSRP was $63K+ and I would suggest buying used. I got mine 10 months old with 15K and saved huge money. Only been in the shop for software updates. Best value on the road for under $65K

I love the heads up display. The 18 in rims are great. The cooled seats are really nice. The traction control works great. Also, with the MRC, it handles great! Just as good if not better than BMW. I would be great if we could use the nav features while driving.

It would be great if I could run E85 in the STS. More HP by direct injection for the Northstar to be like the MB E500. But 320HP gets you from A to B just fine. I with the inside had some of the features of the Cadillac SLS from China. More back seat room.

• SUV