2005 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Great car except...
By James Bridges on 05/27/06 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac STS is a great car except for its very poor glove box design. Also, the rear seats are cramped, there is only room for 2 passengers. The trunk is small for this class of vehicle, it has poor storage. There is only luggage space for 2 passengers.

Satisfied Customer
By The white streak! on 05/10/06 14:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the vehicle and love the look and feel! I have experienced squeeking in my breaks though. All of the interior features are generally wonderful. It can be difficult to get into the vehicle, but overall the ride and feel are wonderful! I have had many had many people comment on the look of the car and most people are in love with it!

Overall opinion
By dippers on 04/04/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am quite disappointed with the overall performance. I find the ride to be very uncomfortable. Also, there is excessive road (tire) noise at highway speeds. The front end feels sloppy going over small (speed) bumps. The front struts were replaced approximately two weeks after purchase. I wasn't aware of the diffence in tire size between front and rear which negates tire rotation. I also average about 14 mpg city driving not 17. This will definitely not be my car choice in the future.

STS Power!
By Anthony Cronin on 03/26/06 17:59 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for almost a year now. Every option has come into play by now and the ride is comfortable and very aggressive. The Tiptronic transmission isn't very good at all though. It has no control nor has any power behind it. I drive the STS about 400-550 miles a week and I love it. It is great on long trips and very economic in your daily drive around neighborhood. It has had a few computer problems, or re-calls. But I think that the wear is partial to that. I love the car, I definitely want another STS in the near future.

Cadillac STS
By jhutchinson1 on 01/31/06 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look and feel of this car, however the engine and steering column have already been replaced before it hit 6,000 miles. The parts were not in stock, resulting in 37 days repair time the first time and 39 the second. I am in the process of a buyback now!

Combination of Luxury and Performance
By pres on 01/09/06 17:02 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac STS is an excellent blend of comfort and performance. It has good power, road manners, a good feel for the road, and handling. It's adroit yet comfortable. The appearance of this car is sharp, but with a rich look.

After One Year
By pb on 01/04/06 23:06 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven my 2005 Cadillac STS for 12 months and find that it meets most of my expectations. Coming from a 2002 BMW M3 (and a BMW 540 prior to that), I was looking for more room and creature comforts. Wishing to buy American, I chose the STS V8. I have had only one signifcant problem, the steering column came loose after two months apparently from a manufacturing defect. Cadillac replaced it promtly and I had no further problem. Overall, this car is a great combination of power and a smooth ride, with useful technology (navigation, remote start, and terrific sound system-you must listen to 5.1 channel musice CDs in this vehicle). All this and it's American!

Fourth One
By Frank Maiese on 10/04/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Cadillac. The only thing I miss is the floatly driving of the big Cadillacs, other then that it is a great car. I like the way it handles going around curves. If you go a little too fast it brakes itself and slows down to a safer speed.

Front End Problems
By jclarkeusa on 09/17/05 15:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Cadillac STS is a nice car but the front end rattles excessively at speeds of 35 MPH or under. To date, Cadillac has been unable to fix the problem. So far, they have replaced a control arm but that still has not fixed the problem. If I had it to do over again I would have purchased the Infinit M35 or BMW 530i. This will be the last time I buy an American luxury car!

The Batmobile
By Batman on 09/04/05 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic car with tons of cool gizmos and gadgets that are so fun to play with. Great power with the V8, and handling with the magnetic suspension is the best that I have driven. I really like the remote start, cools it down inside. If only it would come pick me up. The black exterior and the chrome lines make it my little Batmoblie.