Used 2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Flashy, gorgeous, fun and admirable
By BigThermometer

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've loved this car since we got it new back in 04. And now I'm purchasing it from my parents, thanks to luxury cars' famous depreciation. This AWD car replaced our beloved 2003 Audi A6 and surpassed it in almost every way (gas mileage being one of the only exceptions [minor]). The car is built as well if not better, has AWD, is incredibly fast for a heavy 4-door, looks fantastic in every angle-inside and out, fun to drive (handles well), and the stereo wipes out every other car stereo I've ever heard-standard or aftermarket. 97k miles on it and has been absolutely reliable. My parents have now bought a new CTS-V and will probably stick with Cadillacs forever. I will likely do the same.

Northstar V8, AWD, Bose 5.1 sound, exterior appearance, interior lay-out and quality (still my favorite design ever), magnetic ride control (handles well & can be smooth if you want it to be), great interior and has held up well, keyless system, lights, auxiliary input on a 2005 car, fun! etc

Leg room maybe? Oh yeah! glove box is kind of hard to access with a passenger.

Cadillac: The American dream
By Jason

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had this car for over a year now and it is the best car I have ever owned. AWD is good in the snow and great in the rain. Drives like a dream.

Surround sound, Northstar power. Heated and cooled seats. Heads up display. Automatic unlocking doors. Push button start. Navigation.

Bigger truck and glove box.

Affordable muscle
By Just Brilliant

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I keep a number of cars- for business, fun, performance and some just to look at. The STS is meant for business appts and really fits the category. Picking a client up in a $100k car or a $1k car sends a message. It's great for taking my hottie out on the town. No worries about the elements or parking lots. Don't settle for less then a fully optioned vehicle. Get the heads up display, V8, navi, sunroof, 15 speaker bose, adaptive cruise, 18 inch wheels. Reliability is an issue along with finding knowledgeable, competent and confident service.

American V8 torque. Love the 5spd auto with the passing gear. Good car for heavy mileage, depreciation figured in. Not as quick as my old 540 6spd, but it's less then 1/3 THE PRICE! Beamer's are not good in the weather and you always worry about parking lot shananagans.

What happened to Cadillac's superior seats? My F250 is more comfy. The buttons wear, the pdl's failed. Can't make a BT call while the veh is moving. Use handsfree. PITA. Clear coat is cheap, stone chips and pitting from water marks. XM going through hard times. CC should be on the st wheel.

BEST CAR
By johnjohn

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I brought this car used.It is the best car I have ever owned.The looks the ride and comfort are amazing.I have only had to take it in for service.

Heated seats,Bose sound system

A larger trunk

Don't buy one
By Paul

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This was my dream car. I am a very loyal GM buyer over the last 25 years. I can tell you I will never own one again. This was the icing. Uncomfortable creeky seats, electrical problems, stereo problems, alarms going off in the middle of night. In all had the car in the shop for at least 18 times. To top it off, GM called me to offer money off my next one. The front tires are different size than back. No rortation=many tires. Rides like a Jeep! I am sorry if this is too harsh but if you looked at my carfax you would say I'm being kind

Turning the car back to them after my lease

Too many... let's start by taking pride in the cars they build like we take pride in buying American

• SUV