2005 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Best Car I Have Owned
By mack on 02/03/07 06:17 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac STS is by far the best car I have ever owned. I traded a 2003 CTS in for this one. The CTS is sort of a "Starter Cadillac." The STS' bells and whistles seem to never end. I keep finding new ones. Its ride is awesome.

2005 Cadillac STS
By ItalianINNewENGLAND on 12/17/06 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, being 30 years-old and buying my 6th Caddy, this one is the nicest by far. Every time I am out, people comment on the sleekness of it and it's stately appearance. They do have to fix a couple things on it however (stated below). But overall, it's American made and put together cheaply. It's only worth $30,000 at the most.

Cadillac is the Best
By large sedan on 12/16/06 07:15 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My miles have been - 33% city, 33% 300 mile trips, and 33% long trips. Around town I ave between getting 20 to 21 mpg. On the 300 mile trips I ave 24 mpg, and on long trips I avg. 25 mpg. With 36,000 miles and counting I have not had any problems requiring service. This is my second Cadillac, after two Buicks. I will trade it in for another Cadillac at 70,000 to 90,000 miles. My experience with the dealer has been tremendous. They pick up and return my car for service. They offer a ride if I drop off the car for oil changes. When I go for an oil change I make an appointment and wait in a plush waiting room with hot coffee and pastries available for "free."

Almost Perfect!
By stephen leonhard on 12/04/06 12:20 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car's seats are downright uncomfortable after three hours. The interior is cheap looking and hard surfaces abound. The glove box barely holds the owner's manual. Altogether too much tire and road noise enters cabin. It requires 150 pounds of sand bags in trunk to get modest winter traction. Having said this, this car has great handling. The steering and brakes are excellent.

Tires
By J.Stiles on 10/26/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

At 10,000 miles my STS developed a thumping noise, which was especially noisy at low speed. Our dealer diagnosed this as a tire problem and replaced (free of charge) our front tires. The noise dissipated to almost nothing, it is but still noticeable in the rear tires. I was a little surprised that the dealer charged us for a full alignment on the new tires.

2005 STS
By sports sedan on 08/27/06 08:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car new 7/26/06 with 355 miles on it. Within two weeks, I made a trip to WA state. I never averaged below 25.5 MPG. For the most part, I averaged near 28 MPG. The acceleration was great. The dip stick showed little or no use of oil. I thoroughly enjoyed all the amenities (OnStar, XM radio, dual a/c, and driver memory settings). The STS was quiet and practically drove itsself, even on poorly maintained roads.

The Most Car for the Money
By Mark Moran on 08/10/06 06:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The car rides somewhere between a Lexus and a BMW. It is firm and responsive, especially in sport driving mode (or manual shifting) with the performance transmission setting. It really zips along.

Disapointment
By rick simon on 07/29/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am really disapointed that a $60,000 car is so poorly built. What's worse is that Cadillac customer care was rude and told me that there is nothing they are willing to do to fix it. The Bluetooth connection is a joke, the people on the other end say you sound like you are in a cave and are hard to hear. The car has a wind leak in the passenger door. We even traced the location and told the dealer where it was located. Twice and they still can't fix it. The tires are low profile Michelins. One tire has a thump in it which is noticible at low speeds. Guess what, no problem found! I have always been an American auto owner, but this car is screaming "trade me for a Beemer!"

Transmission!
By Chris on 07/13/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My STS' transmission is awful! When downshifting, it has trouble finding a gear, especially when you want to re-accelerate. It makes for a very rough ride. At speed, it's okay. Also, its voice recognition is poor. The electronics are too complicated, too. The learning curve is fairly steep. I also don't like the adaptive cruise control. Bluetooth is a joke as well.

Switched
By Arturo on 06/26/06 20:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had to have the the fuel tank in my '05 STS replaced, the fuel gauage repaired, and replaced the main module that controls the memory. I was informed after purchase that the DRL will not function if you opt to engage the auto rain sensing wipers even if the manual indicates that you can.