2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews 3

2005 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Fantastic ride!
By Glynn Campbell on 06/07/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the sexiest car on the road, and is like driving your living room down the road, albeit a high performance living room! Quiet, comfortable and the most reliable car I've ever owned

Not For Me
By 2005 STS on 06/04/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The STS is a sleek, stylish car, but difficult to drive. There are too many complications such as not being able to see out of the back window, when anyone else drives it i.e. my husband, the rear view mirror change direction, but do not change back when I drive, also the radio automatically changes to another station or the disc changes. I do not like not having a key and I do not like the door locks, just to name a few.

I bought the STS lemon
By Linda L. Felton on 05/21/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my STS in January, 2005 and was stranded on the highway by October, 2005 needing a new gear shift. Since December 21, 2006 I have been stranded with a dead battery six times and rough riding with the check engine light twice on Sunday trips of 200+ miles. By the time I get to the dealership after being delivered 5 new batteries in 3 years, the problem cannot be duplicated. Neither of the two dealerships have been able to duplicate the problems so they say there is no problem. There were 6 month intervals from 2006-2007 but 2008 has already recorded January 24, February 18, and May 18.

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan 3.6L V6
By JNo on 04/25/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Fabulous. I bought this car used and have put over 6,000 miles on it in two months. It is simply built to smoothly take in the road. If I hold it under 80 I can get around 28 mpg, but wind resistance drags it down at higher speeds. I love the leather heated seats, and the way it was built to NOT accommodate a bunch of clutter. This car is a show piece and turns heads everywhere I go. Perfect.

A Keeper
By Caddy Lover on 04/17/08 02:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great in almost every way. Thought it was me, at 70, turning the chicks head, but turns out it's the Red Line Red color. Guys if you're looking for women, forget e-harmony.com, get a '05 STS Red Line Red. Sleek in every way.Sorry i didn't buy the AWD.

Uncomforable driver's seat
By Connie Lara on 04/07/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the power my car has but, I really have a problem with the comfort of the driver's seat. After a 3 hour drive my right leg starts to cramp and I get pain in my hip. I attributed this to back surgery but after reading the reviews on this car I am glad to find out it is not me. The dealership has been great but I am disappointed with the car considering it is supposed to be a luxury vehicle.

Love my 2005 STS
By Rob & Renee in WA on 01/06/08 14:37 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We traded a 2006 Subaru Outback in on this car. We wanted something larger and better looking and boy did we get it! Interior is roomy and seats (front and back) are extremely comfortable. Tons of leg room, even in the back seat. We like the seperate climate controls, power sunroof, and the automatic driver settings. This car will adjust the seat and mirror settings for two drivers. It is really neat getting into the car after my husband has used it, and the seats and mirrors are set exactly where I like them. Trunk is a bit small & the glove box is a joke. Gorgeous exterior and extreme pick up. Very fast and fun to drive. This is not your grandpa's car!

Standard of the World: 2005 STS V8 1SG
By BenjaminSimon on 04/03/07 12:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I may only be 24 but this Caddy is one of the finest cars I have even been in. Sure a 7 series or S class is better, but I cannot afford those. I like how heads turn when I drive by. I have every factory option and I would have it no other way. I live in the south, so AWD is something that I did not want. AWD hurts both performance and gas mileage. Instead I got performance handling package. (It was a either/or option with AWD) The gas mileage is very average, but I did not buy this car to save money on gas. The MSRP was $63K+ and I would suggest buying used. I got mine 10 months old with 15K and saved huge money. Only been in the shop for software updates. Best value on the road for under $65K

STS Brakes and Front End
By gojo2 on 03/15/07 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Our 2005 Cadillac STS is not as reliable as the Lexus' we've owned. We've had problems with the brakes and the front end. The dealer and Cadillac are not as friendly to customers as they claim.

Ron's Cadillac
By ron's cad on 03/03/07 20:25 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac. It is a great handling automobile. I chose the black color. It is very good looking, better than a BMW or Mercedes, in my opinion. The brake performance is excellent, but has a squeal problem. Dealer service has been wonderful so far. I will buy one again.