2005 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
enjoyed the car
By cindy on 06/24/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The only problem with this car was the mirror on drivers side had locating problems.This was fixed.otherwise great experience.Put 20s on and looks great.Rough riding due to the low profiles and all the mechanisms in the seats, but wonderful vehicle experience.

I would buy another one
By MyfirstCaddy on 06/15/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used with 45k on it, I love the way the car drives and handles, I put a set of 22 inch wheels on it,that makes it very unique, I love the way my car looks. I wish it had a bigger trunk and more space in the glove box. I did had some problems with the car making some noise coming from the ac vents, it sounded like someone was passing gas (upps) other than that, I love my car, I wish I had bought the V8 AWD

awesome ultra fine classy car
By ultrastark on 05/30/09 00:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

owning and especially driving this beauty are an absolute pleasure, yea there is the odd glitch here and there such as the interior shud be a bit more prestigous. the 320 hp is awesome they shud have made it a 360hp or so but the 320hp is superfine. sound system is beyond prestige. it handles like a sports car born on the track. what a sweet ride u built it right this time caddy, the headlight and light system mated to the front fascia is a designers showpiece.

Flashy, gorgeous, fun and admirable
By BigThermometer on 02/25/09 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've loved this car since we got it new back in 04. And now I'm purchasing it from my parents, thanks to luxury cars' famous depreciation. This AWD car replaced our beloved 2003 Audi A6 and surpassed it in almost every way (gas mileage being one of the only exceptions [minor]). The car is built as well if not better, has AWD, is incredibly fast for a heavy 4-door, looks fantastic in every angle-inside and out, fun to drive (handles well), and the stereo wipes out every other car stereo I've ever heard-standard or aftermarket. 97k miles on it and has been absolutely reliable. My parents have now bought a new CTS-V and will probably stick with Cadillacs forever. I will likely do the same.

Cadillac: The American dream
By Jason on 02/20/09 16:56 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had this car for over a year now and it is the best car I have ever owned. AWD is good in the snow and great in the rain. Drives like a dream.

Affordable muscle
By Just Brilliant on 02/03/09 07:51 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I keep a number of cars- for business, fun, performance and some just to look at. The STS is meant for business appts and really fits the category. Picking a client up in a $100k car or a $1k car sends a message. It's great for taking my hottie out on the town. No worries about the elements or parking lots. Don't settle for less then a fully optioned vehicle. Get the heads up display, V8, navi, sunroof, 15 speaker bose, adaptive cruise, 18 inch wheels. Reliability is an issue along with finding knowledgeable, competent and confident service.

BEST CAR
By johnjohn on 01/31/09 09:02 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I brought this car used.It is the best car I have ever owned.The looks the ride and comfort are amazing.I have only had to take it in for service.

Don't buy one
By Paul on 01/02/09 21:42 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This was my dream car. I am a very loyal GM buyer over the last 25 years. I can tell you I will never own one again. This was the icing. Uncomfortable creeky seats, electrical problems, stereo problems, alarms going off in the middle of night. In all had the car in the shop for at least 18 times. To top it off, GM called me to offer money off my next one. The front tires are different size than back. No rortation=many tires. Rides like a Jeep! I am sorry if this is too harsh but if you looked at my carfax you would say I'm being kind

Superior exterior design
By infinitetanner on 11/06/08 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has a stunning exterior design, and a nice cockpit layout. Its 4.6L 320 HP is responsive, however the transmission in the AWD has a delay- frustrating. Handles fantastic! Won't peel out though due to AWD system. I have the 1SG luxury edition, that offers: HID xenon head lamps, OnStar, XM, navigation with DVD player built in, 6cd changer, heated and a/c cooled front seats, heated rear seats, 18'' rims, bluetooth hands free calling, one touch adjustable performance and touring suspention (formula 1 inspired), spoiler and much more! Despite being a tank, this car is small inside for rear passengers & front passenger. Glove box is a joke, trunk is decent-needs sunglassas holder badly!

Good looks only!
By 2005 STS on 07/14/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our car has been a lemon! Same tire thump as others reported & tires were replaced after about 4 trips to the dealer. Tires also after were replaced did not wear well or last long since can not be rotated. Power steering lines have been replaced. There was a burping noise coming from vents that was horrible as it sounded like someone was passing gas. Again after a few trips to dealer, some type of ventilation computer part was replaced. My car has been in the shop over a dozen times in 2 years. The problems were all "odd" and could not be diagnosed easily so there were many return trips. As other reviews have said when you buy a Cadillac you are not treated as if you buy a Lexus.