Used 2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Goodbye BMW, Hello Cadillac
By John Gordon

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I own both a 2004 BMW M3 and a 2000 BMW M5. Due to poor reliability (the M5 spent more time in the shop than on the road) I decided to try an American car and bought a Cadillac STS. Although the handling is not as tight as the BMW. The ride and technology in the STS is superior. The STS holds it's own in performance.

Technology - WOW! Styling - Not your daddy's caddy. Performance.

Poor gas mileage. Steering too loose.

Great Car
By PeteB

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This STS is a great car! The STS drives so smoothly, with all the power and handling that you would expect in a luxury car. I have owned a lot of cars and this is one of the best. The STS has best balance between ride and handling over the competition. I agree with Edmunds.com's Editors best picks for 2005. I would never have probably looked at a Cadillac without the excellent reviews. I look for opportunities to drive this car! I think that the rear seat comfort could be improved though, but other than that I have no complaints so far! Also, received a great deal on a great car!

Beautiful drive - smooth, powerful. It also has great brakes. The front seats are some of the best in the industry.

Improve the rear seat comfort.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Ed Durante

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only 2,500 miles on this car, but they have been very enjoyable miles. The car is solid, and extremely quiet, except when I have the 15 speaker Bose DVD system cranked up. The power is awsome, and the handling smooth and responsive. This is my fourth consecutive Cadillac in the Seville line. The past vehicles were SLS's and I loved them. I was having mixed emotions turning in my last car which was a 2002 SLS. It only took one test drive of the new STS and I never got into the old car again, and didn't look back. The controls are state of the art and user friendly. From programming the features to using the GPS navigation system. The car is an absolute dream to drive and own.

Besides the power and handling, the Bose DVD system is probably my favorite feature. The sunroof has also turned out to be a great addition. I haven't used the GPS system that much but it could come in handy when travelling out of the area.

The only area for improvement is the initial gas mileage. The first tank went very fast and at 10 MPG. It is slowly improving and is now at 14.2 MPG. Another needed improvement would be some sort of stealth technology. Speeding tickets are expensive. HA.

Look at the V6!
By FrmrBMWguy

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I formerly have driven BMW's for the past decade. The price on the new 7-Series has gotten a little pricey, so I looked at alternatives. For the money, I could not have found a better drive. I tested the V8 for a week then the V6. There is truly NO noticable difference in the performance, and since the majority of my driving is in the city, I would highly recommend the STS V6. Fully optioned it is priced closely to the base V8.

The voice command feature and the hands free calling (bluetooth).

The GPS system is only available when you are not driving, which can be somewhat of a pain if you truly need quick assistance and have a passenger who can enter data into the system. I would like to see some override for this feature.

Great Car to Own
By Joe

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac and is the best car I ever purchased. It is fun to drive and is loaded with technology. The white diamond paint with cashmere interior draws attention. Kudos to GM's Cadillac Division.

Keyless push button start and handling performance. The V6 engine has ample power.

Redesign glove box.