Used 2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Best Car I Have Owned
By mack

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac STS is by far the best car I have ever owned. I traded a 2003 CTS in for this one. The CTS is sort of a "Starter Cadillac." The STS' bells and whistles seem to never end. I keep finding new ones. Its ride is awesome.

Favorite Features

The V8 power, navigation system, handling and overall comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk size and blind spot when backing up.

Great Car
By JD

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first STS had a Toyota Avalon and really there is no comparison.This is so much more car in every respect, it is definitely not boring which is about the best thing I can say about the Avalon. I have the Northstar V8 it is fast. Love the interior except for the glove box.Nav works well and the AWD is great in snow and ice. I use the voice features to do almost everthing for me. I do not like the 2 different size tires. The fact that it is hard on tires is about my only complaint. Like all the bells and whistles more than you know you have.

Favorite Features

Heated and cooled seats -heated steering wheel head lamps- voice features bluetooth-keyless everything- stereo-wow

Suggested Improvements

Make the memory easier to set up larger glovebox

Cadillac: The American dream
By Jason

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had this car for over a year now and it is the best car I have ever owned. AWD is good in the snow and great in the rain. Drives like a dream.

Favorite Features

Surround sound, Northstar power. Heated and cooled seats. Heads up display. Automatic unlocking doors. Push button start. Navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger truck and glove box.

Reliable Beauty
By Ed

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

In 2005 I leased my 5th (and final) one. I love the car. Comfortable, powerful and classy. But sad to say, Cadillac decided to discontinue the model. I have been driving these cars (SLS and STS)for over 15 years and never had any major problems. Except for normal wear of consumables. My 2005 has never had to be tuned, and continues to run like a dream. That's reliability.

Favorite Features

AWESOME Bose 15 speaker sound system! Northstar V-8 power, heated/cooled seats, great looking leather & wood interior. Just a class car.

Suggested Improvements

the ONLY negative is the lack of storage space. Glove compartment is insufficient, center console is small and any cd's use up most of the space.

Good and Bad :(
By ahmaduhhs

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned the 2000 STS, 2001 STS, 2002 STS, 2003 STS and now the 05 STS. The interior is shameful compared to the 98-04 STS. The exterior however is marvelous particular the front and back end. Lots of standard features love the power of the V8 N*. Heard the V6 was no good :(

Favorite Features

cooled seats V8 N* Push button start

Suggested Improvements

interior build quality