Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Combination of Luxury and Performance
By pres

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac STS is an excellent blend of comfort and performance. It has good power, road manners, a good feel for the road, and handling. It's adroit yet comfortable. The appearance of this car is sharp, but with a rich look.

Favorite Features

The great handling and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce the wind noise when travelling at high speeds. It is not excessive, but can be diminished

After One Year
By pb

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven my 2005 Cadillac STS for 12 months and find that it meets most of my expectations. Coming from a 2002 BMW M3 (and a BMW 540 prior to that), I was looking for more room and creature comforts. Wishing to buy American, I chose the STS V8. I have had only one signifcant problem, the steering column came loose after two months apparently from a manufacturing defect. Cadillac replaced it promtly and I had no further problem. Overall, this car is a great combination of power and a smooth ride, with useful technology (navigation, remote start, and terrific sound system-you must listen to 5.1 channel musice CDs in this vehicle). All this and it's American!

Favorite Features

The power avaialable at all speeds, great ride, cooling fans in the seats, technology (especially the Bose 5.1 system!), and quality of build / fit and finnish.

Suggested Improvements

The fuel economy averages 15, and have not seen more than 20. The tires inadequate for power (lousy in wet weather). It is short on room for storage within driver's reach. the heat in steering wheel should does not extend through the upper wood portion. It could use an extra 2 inches of leg room in the rear for adult passengers.

Fourth One
By Frank Maiese

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Cadillac. The only thing I miss is the floatly driving of the big Cadillacs, other then that it is a great car. I like the way it handles going around curves. If you go a little too fast it brakes itself and slows down to a safer speed.

Favorite Features

The push start.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage

Front End Problems
By jclarkeusa

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Cadillac STS is a nice car but the front end rattles excessively at speeds of 35 MPH or under. To date, Cadillac has been unable to fix the problem. So far, they have replaced a control arm but that still has not fixed the problem. If I had it to do over again I would have purchased the Infinit M35 or BMW 530i. This will be the last time I buy an American luxury car!

Favorite Features

Looks.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension leaves something to be desired. Fix the rattles and noises.

The Batmobile
By Batman

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic car with tons of cool gizmos and gadgets that are so fun to play with. Great power with the V8, and handling with the magnetic suspension is the best that I have driven. I really like the remote start, cools it down inside. If only it would come pick me up. The black exterior and the chrome lines make it my little Batmoblie.

Favorite Features

Northstar engine, super smooth 5-speed transmission. Upscale materials, the custom grill I put in that I bought from the Caddy dealer. All the bluetooth gadgets.

Suggested Improvements

The glove box is way too small. Otherwise, nothing.