Used 2005 Cadillac STS V8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Good and Bad :(
By ahmaduhhs

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned the 2000 STS, 2001 STS, 2002 STS, 2003 STS and now the 05 STS. The interior is shameful compared to the 98-04 STS. The exterior however is marvelous particular the front and back end. Lots of standard features love the power of the V8 N*. Heard the V6 was no good :(

Favorite Features

cooled seats V8 N* Push button start

Suggested Improvements

interior build quality

Reliable Beauty
By Ed

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

In 2005 I leased my 5th (and final) one. I love the car. Comfortable, powerful and classy. But sad to say, Cadillac decided to discontinue the model. I have been driving these cars (SLS and STS)for over 15 years and never had any major problems. Except for normal wear of consumables. My 2005 has never had to be tuned, and continues to run like a dream. That's reliability.

Favorite Features

AWESOME Bose 15 speaker sound system! Northstar V-8 power, heated/cooled seats, great looking leather & wood interior. Just a class car.

Suggested Improvements

the ONLY negative is the lack of storage space. Glove compartment is insufficient, center console is small and any cd's use up most of the space.

My Second Favorite Car Ever
By Tim

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've always been a loyal Mercedes fan. Had a 500E which was my absolute favorite car. However, it was so unreliable and a fortune to repair. I decided to give a Seville a try, so I opted for a 2002 Seville SLS. I drove that for a few years and had no problems with it whatsoever. I was impressed with the Northstar engine and power, although it was a little soft and "grandpa" like for me. I saw a 2005 STS V8 and decided to test drive. I fell in love and purchased. It is much more sporty, handling more like a Mercedes than ever imagined. It is very comfortable, similar to Seville but not as soft, fast, a head- turner, reliable and oozes class! Not one problem so far. Absolutely love it!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, handling, fun to drive, nice interior and build quality, keyless ignition, lots of power when you need it.

Suggested Improvements

More bass in stereo, Bose speakers sounds clear but need more bass. Improve fuel efficiency, that's about it.

Average
By Slee

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the STS because it fit our wants when shopping used cars: luxury, comfort, cheap. Poor resale value has worked just fine for us since we can buy a little more car for the money on the used market. Overall, I like the styling of the STS inside and out. Many prefer the CTS in both respects, but I prefer the toned-down design of the STS. I am not normally an extended warranty fan, but anybody considering the STS would be wise to find one under factory warranty, or in the case of a 2005 or 2006, a factory CPO warranty. Many little problems crop up. Take reviews here with a grain of salt. The 'high-end' stereo is NOT all that and is easily trumped by a decent aftermarket ones.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, smooth acceleration, wood accents, heated/cooled seats, no major failures.

Suggested Improvements

Nearly useless Voice Recognition (VR), Nanny DVD, Nav and BT interface (cripples system when car is moving, hint: buy a kit and disable it), abysmal gas mileage, average seat comfort, relatively poor legroom in rear, many minor issues pop up

Great Car
By JD

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first STS had a Toyota Avalon and really there is no comparison.This is so much more car in every respect, it is definitely not boring which is about the best thing I can say about the Avalon. I have the Northstar V8 it is fast. Love the interior except for the glove box.Nav works well and the AWD is great in snow and ice. I use the voice features to do almost everthing for me. I do not like the 2 different size tires. The fact that it is hard on tires is about my only complaint. Like all the bells and whistles more than you know you have.

Favorite Features

Heated and cooled seats -heated steering wheel head lamps- voice features bluetooth-keyless everything- stereo-wow

Suggested Improvements

Make the memory easier to set up larger glovebox