2005 Cadillac STS V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2005 STS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Sort Reviews by

Fast Luxurious car, bad on car though
By remyb

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

75,000 miles and no problems yet, steering wheel is cracked though, lots of plastic inside but it looks ok

Favorite Features

Great v6 acceleration, luxurious look, spacious

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality, fuel economy, make it more solid, it feels like it could have used higher strenght steel in some areas,

Do not buy a Cadillac
By jct

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car with 16,000 miles on it and right away we found out the car needed new tires and the wheels were way out of alignment and shortly after had a problem where it wouldn't start after filling it up with gas and had to get that fixed. at around 50,000 miles trans started to go out and finally went out at 77,000 miles and got that fixed. The same day we got the trans fixed the ac compressor froze up and it started spitting antifreeze out all over.

Favorite Features

Nice interior, body style, good stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Engine improvements.

Florida STS Finds Happy Home in Canada
By Roger Wyatt

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Caddyman for a few years now and my first drive was a 1500 mile trip from Fort Lauderdale.The ride was not as soft as my 02 STS but was solid....this car can handle as it is equipped with the performance upgrade.The V6 sprints down the interstates with ease.The powerplant performs very well,transmission shifts are not noticeable at all.The interior is well laid out and being 6-4 and 270 I had no trouble in finding a comfortable driving position. The navigation system is easy to read with the big screen and the 5.1 stereo system is wonderful.I do notice a marginal difference in power from the 02 northstar V8 but the V6 had no trouble in performing a quick passing maneuver.

Favorite Features

The stereo system,navigation system,cooled seats,solid ride,remote start,fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Voice recognition needs improvement,the Englsh lady in the dashboard still has no idea who I am.The trunk is smaller than my 02 and the glovebox,it won't hold more than the owners manual and the navigation DVD case.

I would buy another one
By MyfirstCaddy

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used with 45k on it, I love the way the car drives and handles, I put a set of 22 inch wheels on it,that makes it very unique, I love the way my car looks. I wish it had a bigger trunk and more space in the glove box. I did had some problems with the car making some noise coming from the ac vents, it sounded like someone was passing gas (upps) other than that, I love my car, I wish I had bought the V8 AWD

Favorite Features

The car design, interior and the performance

Suggested Improvements

Fix that trunk make it bigger. I hate the resale value, I got a good deal on my but i'm still upside down on it, I can't believe it has lost more than 60 percent of the value in 3 years

BEST CAR
By johnjohn

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I brought this car used.It is the best car I have ever owned.The looks the ride and comfort are amazing.I have only had to take it in for service.

Favorite Features

Heated seats,Bose sound system

Suggested Improvements

A larger trunk

Don't buy one
By Paul

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This was my dream car. I am a very loyal GM buyer over the last 25 years. I can tell you I will never own one again. This was the icing. Uncomfortable creeky seats, electrical problems, stereo problems, alarms going off in the middle of night. In all had the car in the shop for at least 18 times. To top it off, GM called me to offer money off my next one. The front tires are different size than back. No rortation=many tires. Rides like a Jeep! I am sorry if this is too harsh but if you looked at my carfax you would say I'm being kind

Favorite Features

Turning the car back to them after my lease

Suggested Improvements

Too many... let's start by taking pride in the cars they build like we take pride in buying American

Good looks only!
By 2005 STS

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our car has been a lemon! Same tire thump as others reported & tires were replaced after about 4 trips to the dealer. Tires also after were replaced did not wear well or last long since can not be rotated. Power steering lines have been replaced. There was a burping noise coming from vents that was horrible as it sounded like someone was passing gas. Again after a few trips to dealer, some type of ventilation computer part was replaced. My car has been in the shop over a dozen times in 2 years. The problems were all "odd" and could not be diagnosed easily so there were many return trips. As other reviews have said when you buy a Cadillac you are not treated as if you buy a Lexus.

Favorite Features

The exterior looks! This has to be the best looking car on the market. Gas mileage isn't great but for a nice looking car I get 20.7 mpg which isn't that bad.

Suggested Improvements

Interior size and all mechanical quality. Also go back to 4 tires the same size so they can be rotated. Dealers tell you it doesn't affect wear but all tire dealers tell you different.

Fantastic ride!
By Glynn Campbell

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the sexiest car on the road, and is like driving your living room down the road, albeit a high performance living room! Quiet, comfortable and the most reliable car I've ever owned

Favorite Features

Remote start! Gets the car cool on those hot summer days!The Bose system is concert quality, and the keyless entry/start is so convenient.

Not For Me
By 2005 STS

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The STS is a sleek, stylish car, but difficult to drive. There are too many complications such as not being able to see out of the back window, when anyone else drives it i.e. my husband, the rear view mirror change direction, but do not change back when I drive, also the radio automatically changes to another station or the disc changes. I do not like not having a key and I do not like the door locks, just to name a few.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

give it more of a "Lincoln Ride"; it rides (weird) like a truck.

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan 3.6L V6
By JNo

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Fabulous. I bought this car used and have put over 6,000 miles on it in two months. It is simply built to smoothly take in the road. If I hold it under 80 I can get around 28 mpg, but wind resistance drags it down at higher speeds. I love the leather heated seats, and the way it was built to NOT accommodate a bunch of clutter. This car is a show piece and turns heads everywhere I go. Perfect.

Favorite Features

Leather, heated seats, rain sense windshield, backup assist.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the trunk was just a bit larger. Two sets of golf clubs plus luggage is nearly impossible. My car has a minor tapping sound coming out of the sun roof at times that I am going to have to get fixed, and I get the occasional noise coming from the climate control. Mild issues, all.