Used 2005 Cadillac STS V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Fast Luxurious car, bad on car though
By remyb

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

75,000 miles and no problems yet, steering wheel is cracked though, lots of plastic inside but it looks ok

Great v6 acceleration, luxurious look, spacious

Interior quality, fuel economy, make it more solid, it feels like it could have used higher strenght steel in some areas,

Do not buy a Cadillac
By jct

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car with 16,000 miles on it and right away we found out the car needed new tires and the wheels were way out of alignment and shortly after had a problem where it wouldn't start after filling it up with gas and had to get that fixed. at around 50,000 miles trans started to go out and finally went out at 77,000 miles and got that fixed. The same day we got the trans fixed the ac compressor froze up and it started spitting antifreeze out all over.

Nice interior, body style, good stereo.

Engine improvements.

Florida STS Finds Happy Home in Canada
By Roger Wyatt

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Caddyman for a few years now and my first drive was a 1500 mile trip from Fort Lauderdale.The ride was not as soft as my 02 STS but was solid....this car can handle as it is equipped with the performance upgrade.The V6 sprints down the interstates with ease.The powerplant performs very well,transmission shifts are not noticeable at all.The interior is well laid out and being 6-4 and 270 I had no trouble in finding a comfortable driving position. The navigation system is easy to read with the big screen and the 5.1 stereo system is wonderful.I do notice a marginal difference in power from the 02 northstar V8 but the V6 had no trouble in performing a quick passing maneuver.

The stereo system,navigation system,cooled seats,solid ride,remote start,fuel economy.

Voice recognition needs improvement,the Englsh lady in the dashboard still has no idea who I am.The trunk is smaller than my 02 and the glovebox,it won't hold more than the owners manual and the navigation DVD case.

I would buy another one
By MyfirstCaddy

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used with 45k on it, I love the way the car drives and handles, I put a set of 22 inch wheels on it,that makes it very unique, I love the way my car looks. I wish it had a bigger trunk and more space in the glove box. I did had some problems with the car making some noise coming from the ac vents, it sounded like someone was passing gas (upps) other than that, I love my car, I wish I had bought the V8 AWD

The car design, interior and the performance

Fix that trunk make it bigger. I hate the resale value, I got a good deal on my but i'm still upside down on it, I can't believe it has lost more than 60 percent of the value in 3 years

BEST CAR
By johnjohn

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I brought this car used.It is the best car I have ever owned.The looks the ride and comfort are amazing.I have only had to take it in for service.

Heated seats,Bose sound system