2005 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Good and Bad :(
By ahmaduhhs on 10/23/12 14:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned the 2000 STS, 2001 STS, 2002 STS, 2003 STS and now the 05 STS. The interior is shameful compared to the 98-04 STS. The exterior however is marvelous particular the front and back end. Lots of standard features love the power of the V8 N*. Heard the V6 was no good :(

Fast Luxurious car, bad on car though
By remyb on 04/09/11 02:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

75,000 miles and no problems yet, steering wheel is cracked though, lots of plastic inside but it looks ok

Reliable Beauty
By Ed on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

In 2005 I leased my 5th (and final) one. I love the car. Comfortable, powerful and classy. But sad to say, Cadillac decided to discontinue the model. I have been driving these cars (SLS and STS)for over 15 years and never had any major problems. Except for normal wear of consumables. My 2005 has never had to be tuned, and continues to run like a dream. That's reliability.

Do not buy a Cadillac
By jct on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car with 16,000 miles on it and right away we found out the car needed new tires and the wheels were way out of alignment and shortly after had a problem where it wouldn't start after filling it up with gas and had to get that fixed. at around 50,000 miles trans started to go out and finally went out at 77,000 miles and got that fixed. The same day we got the trans fixed the ac compressor froze up and it started spitting antifreeze out all over.

My Second Favorite Car Ever
By Tim on 06/18/10 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've always been a loyal Mercedes fan. Had a 500E which was my absolute favorite car. However, it was so unreliable and a fortune to repair. I decided to give a Seville a try, so I opted for a 2002 Seville SLS. I drove that for a few years and had no problems with it whatsoever. I was impressed with the Northstar engine and power, although it was a little soft and "grandpa" like for me. I saw a 2005 STS V8 and decided to test drive. I fell in love and purchased. It is much more sporty, handling more like a Mercedes than ever imagined. It is very comfortable, similar to Seville but not as soft, fast, a head- turner, reliable and oozes class! Not one problem so far. Absolutely love it!

Average
By Slee on 03/23/10 05:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the STS because it fit our wants when shopping used cars: luxury, comfort, cheap. Poor resale value has worked just fine for us since we can buy a little more car for the money on the used market. Overall, I like the styling of the STS inside and out. Many prefer the CTS in both respects, but I prefer the toned-down design of the STS. I am not normally an extended warranty fan, but anybody considering the STS would be wise to find one under factory warranty, or in the case of a 2005 or 2006, a factory CPO warranty. Many little problems crop up. Take reviews here with a grain of salt. The 'high-end' stereo is NOT all that and is easily trumped by a decent aftermarket ones.

Great Car
By JD on 02/16/10 15:00 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first STS had a Toyota Avalon and really there is no comparison.This is so much more car in every respect, it is definitely not boring which is about the best thing I can say about the Avalon. I have the Northstar V8 it is fast. Love the interior except for the glove box.Nav works well and the AWD is great in snow and ice. I use the voice features to do almost everthing for me. I do not like the 2 different size tires. The fact that it is hard on tires is about my only complaint. Like all the bells and whistles more than you know you have.

Florida STS Finds Happy Home in Canada
By Roger Wyatt on 02/04/10 16:40 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Caddyman for a few years now and my first drive was a 1500 mile trip from Fort Lauderdale.The ride was not as soft as my 02 STS but was solid....this car can handle as it is equipped with the performance upgrade.The V6 sprints down the interstates with ease.The powerplant performs very well,transmission shifts are not noticeable at all.The interior is well laid out and being 6-4 and 270 I had no trouble in finding a comfortable driving position. The navigation system is easy to read with the big screen and the 5.1 stereo system is wonderful.I do notice a marginal difference in power from the 02 northstar V8 but the V6 had no trouble in performing a quick passing maneuver.

cadillac reliability
By harrison on 11/07/09 08:26 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this one certified used with 24,000 miles.. No issues at all in the entire vehicle history report this car stays on the road and not in the shop like previously owned BMW's and acura's.. You def can not get a better ride than with a caddy... Only issue not as quiet as a Lexus but they're improving

Amazing car! Good job Cadillac!!
By CStradling24 on 09/27/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am one of the biggest critics about everything. This car is nearly perfect. I am in my early 20's and usually people my age dont have cars like this. It was my dream car and met every expectation. I own the V8, fully loaded with absolute every feature besides AWD. It never gets old driving this car. When I bought it, the car was still under warranty and I had some small issues fixed without a problem. The performance of a car this heavy is nothing less than what you would expect from Cadillac. The interior looks great and very classy. I like how Cadillac did not go crazy with buttons, they kept it nice and simple.