2005 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Good and Bad :(
By ahmaduhhs on 10/23/12 14:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned the 2000 STS, 2001 STS, 2002 STS, 2003 STS and now the 05 STS. The interior is shameful compared to the 98-04 STS. The exterior however is marvelous particular the front and back end. Lots of standard features love the power of the V8 N*. Heard the V6 was no good :(

Reliable Beauty
By Ed on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

In 2005 I leased my 5th (and final) one. I love the car. Comfortable, powerful and classy. But sad to say, Cadillac decided to discontinue the model. I have been driving these cars (SLS and STS)for over 15 years and never had any major problems. Except for normal wear of consumables. My 2005 has never had to be tuned, and continues to run like a dream. That's reliability.

My Second Favorite Car Ever
By Tim on 06/18/10 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've always been a loyal Mercedes fan. Had a 500E which was my absolute favorite car. However, it was so unreliable and a fortune to repair. I decided to give a Seville a try, so I opted for a 2002 Seville SLS. I drove that for a few years and had no problems with it whatsoever. I was impressed with the Northstar engine and power, although it was a little soft and "grandpa" like for me. I saw a 2005 STS V8 and decided to test drive. I fell in love and purchased. It is much more sporty, handling more like a Mercedes than ever imagined. It is very comfortable, similar to Seville but not as soft, fast, a head- turner, reliable and oozes class! Not one problem so far. Absolutely love it!

Average
By Slee on 03/23/10 05:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the STS because it fit our wants when shopping used cars: luxury, comfort, cheap. Poor resale value has worked just fine for us since we can buy a little more car for the money on the used market. Overall, I like the styling of the STS inside and out. Many prefer the CTS in both respects, but I prefer the toned-down design of the STS. I am not normally an extended warranty fan, but anybody considering the STS would be wise to find one under factory warranty, or in the case of a 2005 or 2006, a factory CPO warranty. Many little problems crop up. Take reviews here with a grain of salt. The 'high-end' stereo is NOT all that and is easily trumped by a decent aftermarket ones.

Great Car
By JD on 02/16/10 15:00 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first STS had a Toyota Avalon and really there is no comparison.This is so much more car in every respect, it is definitely not boring which is about the best thing I can say about the Avalon. I have the Northstar V8 it is fast. Love the interior except for the glove box.Nav works well and the AWD is great in snow and ice. I use the voice features to do almost everthing for me. I do not like the 2 different size tires. The fact that it is hard on tires is about my only complaint. Like all the bells and whistles more than you know you have.

cadillac reliability
By harrison on 11/07/09 08:26 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this one certified used with 24,000 miles.. No issues at all in the entire vehicle history report this car stays on the road and not in the shop like previously owned BMW's and acura's.. You def can not get a better ride than with a caddy... Only issue not as quiet as a Lexus but they're improving

Amazing car! Good job Cadillac!!
By CStradling24 on 09/27/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am one of the biggest critics about everything. This car is nearly perfect. I am in my early 20's and usually people my age dont have cars like this. It was my dream car and met every expectation. I own the V8, fully loaded with absolute every feature besides AWD. It never gets old driving this car. When I bought it, the car was still under warranty and I had some small issues fixed without a problem. The performance of a car this heavy is nothing less than what you would expect from Cadillac. The interior looks great and very classy. I like how Cadillac did not go crazy with buttons, they kept it nice and simple.

enjoyed the car
By cindy on 06/24/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The only problem with this car was the mirror on drivers side had locating problems.This was fixed.otherwise great experience.Put 20s on and looks great.Rough riding due to the low profiles and all the mechanisms in the seats, but wonderful vehicle experience.

awesome ultra fine classy car
By ultrastark on 05/30/09 00:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

owning and especially driving this beauty are an absolute pleasure, yea there is the odd glitch here and there such as the interior shud be a bit more prestigous. the 320 hp is awesome they shud have made it a 360hp or so but the 320hp is superfine. sound system is beyond prestige. it handles like a sports car born on the track. what a sweet ride u built it right this time caddy, the headlight and light system mated to the front fascia is a designers showpiece.

Flashy, gorgeous, fun and admirable
By BigThermometer on 02/25/09 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've loved this car since we got it new back in 04. And now I'm purchasing it from my parents, thanks to luxury cars' famous depreciation. This AWD car replaced our beloved 2003 Audi A6 and surpassed it in almost every way (gas mileage being one of the only exceptions [minor]). The car is built as well if not better, has AWD, is incredibly fast for a heavy 4-door, looks fantastic in every angle-inside and out, fun to drive (handles well), and the stereo wipes out every other car stereo I've ever heard-standard or aftermarket. 97k miles on it and has been absolutely reliable. My parents have now bought a new CTS-V and will probably stick with Cadillacs forever. I will likely do the same.