Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Good and Bad :(
By ahmaduhhs

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned the 2000 STS, 2001 STS, 2002 STS, 2003 STS and now the 05 STS. The interior is shameful compared to the 98-04 STS. The exterior however is marvelous particular the front and back end. Lots of standard features love the power of the V8 N*. Heard the V6 was no good :(

Favorite Features

cooled seats V8 N* Push button start

Suggested Improvements

interior build quality

Fast Luxurious car, bad on car though
By remyb

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

75,000 miles and no problems yet, steering wheel is cracked though, lots of plastic inside but it looks ok

Favorite Features

Great v6 acceleration, luxurious look, spacious

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality, fuel economy, make it more solid, it feels like it could have used higher strenght steel in some areas,

Reliable Beauty
By Ed

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

In 2005 I leased my 5th (and final) one. I love the car. Comfortable, powerful and classy. But sad to say, Cadillac decided to discontinue the model. I have been driving these cars (SLS and STS)for over 15 years and never had any major problems. Except for normal wear of consumables. My 2005 has never had to be tuned, and continues to run like a dream. That's reliability.

Favorite Features

AWESOME Bose 15 speaker sound system! Northstar V-8 power, heated/cooled seats, great looking leather & wood interior. Just a class car.

Suggested Improvements

the ONLY negative is the lack of storage space. Glove compartment is insufficient, center console is small and any cd's use up most of the space.

Do not buy a Cadillac
By jct

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car with 16,000 miles on it and right away we found out the car needed new tires and the wheels were way out of alignment and shortly after had a problem where it wouldn't start after filling it up with gas and had to get that fixed. at around 50,000 miles trans started to go out and finally went out at 77,000 miles and got that fixed. The same day we got the trans fixed the ac compressor froze up and it started spitting antifreeze out all over.

Favorite Features

Nice interior, body style, good stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Engine improvements.

My Second Favorite Car Ever
By Tim

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've always been a loyal Mercedes fan. Had a 500E which was my absolute favorite car. However, it was so unreliable and a fortune to repair. I decided to give a Seville a try, so I opted for a 2002 Seville SLS. I drove that for a few years and had no problems with it whatsoever. I was impressed with the Northstar engine and power, although it was a little soft and "grandpa" like for me. I saw a 2005 STS V8 and decided to test drive. I fell in love and purchased. It is much more sporty, handling more like a Mercedes than ever imagined. It is very comfortable, similar to Seville but not as soft, fast, a head- turner, reliable and oozes class! Not one problem so far. Absolutely love it!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, handling, fun to drive, nice interior and build quality, keyless ignition, lots of power when you need it.

Suggested Improvements

More bass in stereo, Bose speakers sounds clear but need more bass. Improve fuel efficiency, that's about it.