Traded A8L - wanted PERFORMANCE!
By SPIKE on
2006 Cadillac STS-V 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)
I could not accept the trade-in offer from the local Audi dealer. He told me to keep my old A8L which kept needing transmission recalibrations. Plus it did not have fancy options like Blue Tooth etc. The Caddie runs better, it is quieter, and smoother. I hate the Pirelli Tires though. They are harsh and provide a noisy ride. I will buy Michelins when they are available in this size. I like the interior! The leather is just as good as in the Audi. I also like the navigation and other features that the Germans still do not have. The car is smaller, but rides just as well as the Audi. It is not quite as solid at very high speed, but I don't really need to drive at 130 MPH.
Favorite Features
The performance, appearance with emblems like the "Supercharged" off the car. I installed small body side moulding like the ones that were on the old A8L. It looks much better!
Suggested Improvements
Furnish some good, quiet smooth riding tires that do not track into the road groves! Offer body side moldings. Offer cooled seats. Lose the suede inserts in the seats. All leather is fine.