2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )
2006 Cadillac STS
By miledriver on 04/23/14 15:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Costly car to maintain for sure. Looks pretty good on the outside. I like the steel blue color and wheels but feels cheap and plastic on the inside. Cadillac is not like the Cadillac I grew up with that my Mother always drove. Those cars really seemed to last and were comfortable. This car is not and maybe its because Im use to driving a Lexus and actually know what a quality car feels like. This car now has 105,000 miles and resale is AWFUL to say the least. It does however get the job done to and from work but NO TRIPS!! Don't trust it, feels to lose and its been taken care of is the sad part.

Don't Bother w/ STS-V
By ThurstyDog on 03/03/08 08:12 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The engine is fantastic. The Brembo brakes are the best I have ever owned. I have had M3s in the past and was looking for a sedan and got a good deal (or so I thought). The car has been the shop for 8 weeks in the first 16 months. Not just for small stuff either, but for items like the transmission shifting to 3rd gear at hwy speeds (that will get your attention and of those behind you). Power steering pump exploding and too many others to count. I have contacted Cadlliac numerous times and they refuse to help. For a $70+k car you would think that they would give some service consideration, but so far they have disappointed all along. So this will be my 1st and last Caddy.

Cadillac is back
By Slo-Mo-Shun on 01/17/08 10:21 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

First, the gentleman who described the STS-V's handling as "sloppy" is way off. As a driver of stock cars, open wheel racers and, currently, shifter karts, I assure you that the STS-V has enough handling to accomplish any manuever that could sanely be attempted on public roads. This car is nicely placed 80% of the way between an M5 and a Jag R-type. It is a tad softer than the German cars, but that's more than acceptable to me--if I want to get beat up by a stiff ride, I might as well go to a race track and drive something really fast. This is the car that persuaded me to get rid of my old BMW 750. No 5 series or E class car was able to do that.

STS-V
By Beach Bum on 07/30/06 11:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The 2006 Cadillac STS-V has an excellent interior and comfort. Tihs car has a powerful engine that pulls hard. Its overall fit and finish is well done.

Compared the STS-V / M5 / E55 and Bought
By john slater on 05/15/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Having owned a BMW M5 (2001) and a BMW M3 I wanted more of an every day driver, but stillbe able to enjoy great performance, handling, acceleration, and stopping power.The STS-VV, E55 and M5 are all great cars, but different. So far I am totaly impressed with the STS-V and am happy with my choice. My wife, who drives a BMW 740i sport and would never drive an M5 or E55, loves the STS-V.

Traded A8L - wanted PERFORMANCE!
By SPIKE on 04/21/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I could not accept the trade-in offer from the local Audi dealer. He told me to keep my old A8L which kept needing transmission recalibrations. Plus it did not have fancy options like Blue Tooth etc. The Caddie runs better, it is quieter, and smoother. I hate the Pirelli Tires though. They are harsh and provide a noisy ride. I will buy Michelins when they are available in this size. I like the interior! The leather is just as good as in the Audi. I also like the navigation and other features that the Germans still do not have. The car is smaller, but rides just as well as the Audi. It is not quite as solid at very high speed, but I don't really need to drive at 130 MPH.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned!
By Larry B on 03/19/06 20:44 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Nothing more to be said - the Cadillac STS-V is the best car that I have ever owned! It is extremely quick, a treat to drive and an attention getter. You will not be disappointed! The interior is the nicest GM has ever made.

Wonderful!
By Mark on 02/19/06 08:48 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The 2006 Cadillac STS-V is an absolutely wonderful driving machine! I have it in black. It draws attention from 100% of all the people at stoplights. It gets up to 178 mph on my home runway. It is worth every penny. The only thing that it needs is a more luxurious colored wood trim.

Cadillac comes up short with the STS-V
By Jeff on 12/07/05 18:32 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The STS-V is a nice step for Cadillac into the performance division of cars but it comes up short in several key areas. The first thing that you'll notice when you get into the car and start driving is the poor handling. The car's handling is incredibly sloppy. The Cadillac reps said thats because it wasn't designed to handle, just go straight. Well the E55 is faster and the M5 handles better so what does the Cadillac do? The interior is subpar, with the rear seat using primative HVAC controls. The front seats are not sport seats and have no side support. The interior itself is ok, but nothing fantastic.

V stands for VAROOM!
By K D Long on 11/21/05 12:19 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

WOW, what a blast to drive. The 2006 Cadillac STS-V provides Corvette-like performance and seats four comfortably, and can carry four golf bags. The motor pulls like a jet engine all the way to redline, nice and linear. The brakes are fantastic, you can throw out the anchor over and over again without and noticable fade. Some people know what it is, many do not. But the face on the guys with the M3s, Mustangs, and 911s are funny after they get waxed by a Cadillac. My only complaint is the brake dust on the wheels, they should offer the competition grey like on the 2006 Corvette. It would hide some of the dust. This is a superior car to anything I have driven. Great Job Cadillac & GM!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.