Used 2006 Cadillac STS-V Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Sts-v - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

2006 Cadillac STS
By miledriver

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Costly car to maintain for sure. Looks pretty good on the outside. I like the steel blue color and wheels but feels cheap and plastic on the inside. Cadillac is not like the Cadillac I grew up with that my Mother always drove. Those cars really seemed to last and were comfortable. This car is not and maybe its because Im use to driving a Lexus and actually know what a quality car feels like. This car now has 105,000 miles and resale is AWFUL to say the least. It does however get the job done to and from work but NO TRIPS!! Don't trust it, feels to lose and its been taken care of is the sad part.

Favorite Features

Its a Cadillac. I like the name brand. I grew up with my parents driving Cadillacs and learned to drive in my Mothers Fleetwood years ago. I like the wheels and the color but that's about it on this 2006 Cadillac STS

Suggested Improvements

Interior feels cheap. Radio looks cheap. Steering wheel looks cheap. Car doesn't hold up well and should be built better. Its not a tight car at only 8 years old and 105,000 miles. Seats are not plush and comfortable. Needless to say its not like the 2001 LS430 Lexus I had. Even at 180,000 miles it was tight! Drove great with excellent fuel mileage. This Cadillac doesn't get good gas mileage and it could because Lexus did it. Cadillac could make a good car if they tried. If they don't then buyers will and have moved onto bigger and better things like the Lexus and Acura models. Sorry Cadillac but your price doesn't justify the means. For that price if I want high maintenance Im buying a Benz

Don't Bother w/ STS-V
By ThurstyDog

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The engine is fantastic. The Brembo brakes are the best I have ever owned. I have had M3s in the past and was looking for a sedan and got a good deal (or so I thought). The car has been the shop for 8 weeks in the first 16 months. Not just for small stuff either, but for items like the transmission shifting to 3rd gear at hwy speeds (that will get your attention and of those behind you). Power steering pump exploding and too many others to count. I have contacted Cadlliac numerous times and they refuse to help. For a $70+k car you would think that they would give some service consideration, but so far they have disappointed all along. So this will be my 1st and last Caddy.

Favorite Features

Engine and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission hunts and pecks for gear and the lag in manual shifting mode are too long. Seats are goofy and sometimes slip some on the rails in hard cornering which is frightening. Reliability is shoddy.

Cadillac is back
By Slo-Mo-Shun

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

First, the gentleman who described the STS-V's handling as "sloppy" is way off. As a driver of stock cars, open wheel racers and, currently, shifter karts, I assure you that the STS-V has enough handling to accomplish any manuever that could sanely be attempted on public roads. This car is nicely placed 80% of the way between an M5 and a Jag R-type. It is a tad softer than the German cars, but that's more than acceptable to me--if I want to get beat up by a stiff ride, I might as well go to a race track and drive something really fast. This is the car that persuaded me to get rid of my old BMW 750. No 5 series or E class car was able to do that.

Favorite Features

Motor, baby, motor! The steering is pretty much perfect for a street car. The interior fit/finish/materials are right up there with the best imports.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes are too touchy. This isn't so much related to the amount of assist as to the master cylinder being too large--there isn't enough pedal movement to allow correct modulation. The hieroglyphics used on the various controls are confusing. The passenger foot well is too small.

STS-V
By Beach Bum

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The 2006 Cadillac STS-V has an excellent interior and comfort. Tihs car has a powerful engine that pulls hard. Its overall fit and finish is well done.

Favorite Features

I love the supercharged engine, seat comfort, quiet cabin, looks, power, smooth shifting transmission, fit and finish, and paint quality.

Suggested Improvements

Add a heads up display, ventilated seats (currently heated only), paddle or steering mounted shifting, and different wheel options (the stock wheels are impossible to clean). Put a LED on the V logo on the dash by the speedo. Add a throaty Crosa or Magnaflow OEM exhaust option like the CTS-V. Give it more horsepower.

Compared the STS-V / M5 / E55 and Bought
By john slater

2006 Cadillac STS-V Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Having owned a BMW M5 (2001) and a BMW M3 I wanted more of an every day driver, but stillbe able to enjoy great performance, handling, acceleration, and stopping power.The STS-VV, E55 and M5 are all great cars, but different. So far I am totaly impressed with the STS-V and am happy with my choice. My wife, who drives a BMW 740i sport and would never drive an M5 or E55, loves the STS-V.

Favorite Features

Great build quality and interior. Terrific engine and transmission. Awesome brakes. All this and it is still docile in heavy traffic

Suggested Improvements

The headliner not up to the ones in the E55 or BMW.