2015 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

CADILLAC IS A BIASED COMPANY
By JROD092571@YAHOO.COM

2015 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After owning several Cadillacs and other GM products, customer support has let me down when I had an issue. The Cadillac SRX has a major flaw in production. The sunroof drains are too short and will contract with time and heat. Cadillac issued a recall for this problem in every state but Texas because of Texas heat...... Well that is just not acceptable. Texas is one of the largest states in the us and has more GM vehicles sold than any other state. If you make a fault product you should fix it. Now the dealers want between $725 and $1500 to fix this issue. This is aweful of Cadillac to do to its consumers of Texas. This is a common problem with the SRX. Steer clear of a ccompany that wont stand by it product.

Heavy cruiser, not sporty, kludgy touch interface
By Melissa Davis

2015 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Review based on test drive. It made the last two picks, over the Volvo XC, Lexus RX350, Audi Q5 & 7. Clearly of the American school: soft suspension, EPS (electric power steering) which isolated the feel of the road and attitude of the vehicle from the driver, had the body roll of an American car. Liked the angular design. Interior was first class hand stitched leather. User Interface for the Entertainment system controls is kludgy, way behind Android and IOS phones. Why should car companies try to compete with the fast moving mobile phone technology?

Bought a BMW X3 M Sport.

Braking saved my life
By tjake13

2015 Cadillac SRX SUV Standard 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had a huge truck speed through a stop sign, 40 mph, hit the brakes hard, came to a quick stop. Truck had a chance to go around me.

Great ride for a 6' 4" big guy
By Lloyd

2015 Cadillac SRX SUV Standard 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The gas mileage is better than expected, I average 21 to 22 and 24 on the highway. The ride is fantastic and I have plenty of leg room. Memory seats and so many things that I forget what is available to me. The GPS is Great and very easy to use. Much easier than the Acura TX that I traded in. I had to speak with a company officer to get my oil and filter changed in less than 1 hour, I plan to purchase another SRX Premium when I get to 50 or 60,000 miles. However, I may purchase elsewhere.
I love the vehicle!!!

Most comfortable car I've ever owned.
By Jeff

2015 Cadillac SRX SUV Standard 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Most will say that the SRX is over-priced for a luxury crossover of its size. And then they slide into that extremely comfortable front seat and drive away. I knew after driving this car for less than a mile that I had to have it. Front seats are extremely comfortable, especially if you have the ventilated seats. My only real beef with the interior design is the memory seat function. I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning behind the need to continue to hold the seat memory buttons in order to adjust the seat if auto recall is not enabled (can be a real pain). The response of the engine was somewhat sluggish at first. Then I turned off the ECO setting and placed the transmission in Sport Mode. What a difference. It literally threw me and my passenger back in our seats. Everyone complains about the fuel economy, but if you can afford the sticker price of an SRX to begin with a little extra for gas isn't going to turn you off. I went from driving a Suburban to the SRX. 17 mpg average is a huge improvement from the 12 mpg (and that's not towing anything) I was getting in that beast. The technology and entertainment package included in the Premium model are well worth the extra money. Love the customizable driver information center. The Cue system could be a little more responsive and it could be played out more logically. Also, I would really like to see an update to integrate Android (and Apple if they really must) cellphones more. The GPS is the most accurate I've used yet in a stock system. My kids now insist on taking the SRX everywhere because of the entertainment system (I'm almost positive it's because of the fact that they each get their own seatback monitor with the capability of viewing separate sources). The sound system is amazing, but then you'd expect that from Bose. The safety systems are outstanding. Lane-departure warning, side-blind warning, auto braking, auto adjusting cruise control (this is just PFM), and the list just goes on. Cargo space is somewhat limited when compared with other luxury SUV's, but then if cargo space is what you're looking for you're probably not going to be buying a crossover. All-in-all, the SRX is well worth the money (especially if you can find a lightly used demo with several thousands of dollars off).