Spare tire vs tire repair kit
By edborne on
2013 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
a metal plate struck one of the rear tires. got a flat tire. when called for roadside assistance (RSA), I was asked do your car came with a donut spare tire or with a compresor repair kit? To my surprise, it came with the C-repair kit ;-( It was a nightmare!!! RSA was no helpful, a tow truck was going to take 1.5 to show up,...4hrs later I went home, left the car in my work place parking overnight. How come when the dealer sell you the car does not tell you about the NO spare tire ;-( This is ridiculous!!! I am so disappointed that a so expensive luxury car does not come with a spare tire. Today the dealer is going to hear me... sorry, I am really upsep ;-(
Suggested Improvements
place a spare tire instead of a tire repair kit.
By rocky92
on 03/22/14 11:52 AM (PDT)

My dealer told me that my SRX had a repair kit before purchasing. Since I am over 70 I don't want to change a tire on some dangerous road. In most cases the tire gets low presure because of a nail and with the tire sensors on the SRX you are warned before havig a blow out. The repair kit allows for adding air without the danagerous task of changing the tire. All in all your dealer should have told but I prefer the repair kit.