Used 2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Cadillac SRX Review
By Kevin Taube

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking for a late model used CTS sedan when we came across this 2013 SRX Performance model. The car was a lease return and had only 11,300 miles on it. The car is also Certified, meaning we get an extended warranty for no additional cost. The Cadillac salesman was very helpful and came down to meet our offer without making us go through annoying back and forth with a sales manager. Overall, a very good experience.

The car is primarily for my wife and met her requirement for AWD and outward visibility. Having a very positive experience with the 3.6 engine in my older CTS, I was pleased to see that this car had the same motor. This motor has proven its performance and reliability for more than 10 years on tens of thousands of GM cars and trucks, including the Chevy Camaro. After more than two months, we are very pleased with the car. We enjoy the XM radio on the CUE system and the back up camera and parking assist features work flawlessly. The car even brakes automatically to prevent backing into a bush (or worse).

While it does not afford an overly generous amount of space in the rear cargo area, few SUV's of this size do. The auto power lift gate opens the door well out of head bumping range and is adjustable should you prefer less of a lift height. The front seats are very supportive and appear to be made of quality materials and craftsmanship. The heated power seats will adjust to any reasonable position and provide very good support. The sun roof is very impressive, opening up directly overhead for front passengers and having a fixed roof window for those in the rear. Overall a very comfortable and solid ride car.

The performance is the best part of this car. It goes fast and shifts authoritatively. The car will carve turns at speeds twice that of those posted with no noticeable body roll. Steering is taught and braking superb. Acceleration is outstanding for a two ton SUV. It should be noted that the Performance model does require that you give up that softer, quieter Cadillac ride to a noticeable degree. If that's a concern, you should consider one of their world class sedans.

We are very happy with this car and would buy it again. If you're concerned about buying a Cadillac, you needn't be. Cadillac has come a long way in ten years and is making great cars. And you will have the added benefit of knowing that you are supporting an American company.

Not Quite There
By pensman

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The SRX handles well, especially on highways; but visibility is an issue. The rear view mirror is too small. Probably the worst I have dealt with but I suspect the size is such because of the side "pillars" which can obscure your view. So you really need those side mirrors that light up to warn you when a car is passing. Having the defensive driving add in helps. Plus my model has a driver's seat that vibrates should you start to drift into another lane. On the highway I have managed to get 24 mpg. The CUE system needs some major improvements as it is totally non-intuitive nor can apps be added to it which I believe is a big mistake. And the HD radio can drift which makes it difficult to hold on to a station. Storage in the rear compartment is excellent. No spare tire, just a can of stuff that you use to halt a leak/puncture as you then limp in for help.

SRX-DISAPOINTED
By roy79

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed in my SRX. It is uncomfortable, visibility is poor, road noise is high, the transmission shifts rough, and the CUE system is difficult to use in traffic.

seat shaker system

FIRST CADILLAC
By pops5x

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

'We bought this Performance fwd model for the Mrs' daily "around town" car about six months ago.
Our friends and family love its snappy looks which draws a lot of attention.
It's exciting to drive and ride in.
Powerful engine/transmission drive line.
Sporty handling, comfortable seats and ride.
Lots of room in front, but legroom in rear is tight when front seat(s) are all the way back.
Beautiful, luxurious, quiet interior.
The CUE system?
Well, just like our iPhones it's a fun challenge, and we are conquering both.
We wouldn't want to do without either.

So, so many -- sharp attractive exterior styling, the NAVI system with rear camera, memory settings, lane departure, blind spot, and front warnings, power lift gate with height settings, rain sensing wipers, tire pressure monitor, etc, etc. And for me, the manual shift button -- oh what fun! And, we get a monthly email from Cadillac factory notifying us of settings, mileage, service intervals, etc -- neat! Great Service Manager at our dealership.

The brake pedal requires more pressure than either of us have experienced in any other car. Don't understand why. It's annoying when we trade cars back and forth.

Spare tire vs tire repair kit
By edborne

2013 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

a metal plate struck one of the rear tires.
got a flat tire.
when called for roadside assistance (RSA), I was asked do your car came with a donut spare tire or with a compresor repair kit?
To my surprise, it came with the C-repair kit
;-(
It was a nightmare!!!
RSA was no helpful, a tow truck was going to take 1.5 to show up,...4hrs later I went home, left the car in my work place parking overnight.
How come when the dealer sell you the car does not tell you about the NO spare tire ;-(

This is ridiculous!!!

I am so disappointed that a so expensive luxury car does not come with a spare tire.

Today the dealer is going to hear me...

sorry, I am really upsep
;-(

place a spare tire instead of a tire repair kit.