Used 2013 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Not Quite There
By pensman

2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The SRX handles well, especially on highways; but visibility is an issue. The rear view mirror is too small so you really need those side mirrors. Having the defensive driving add in helps. On the highway I have managed to get 24 mpg. The CUE system needs some major improvements as it is totally non-intuitive. And the HD radio can go as it just makes it difficult to hold on to a station.

High speed handling is good.

Dump the CUE and find something better. At least make it so the dealer can do add on applications.

SRX-DISAPOINTED
By roy79

2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed in my SRX. It is uncomfortable, visibility is poor, road noise is high, the transmission shifts rough, and the CUE system is difficult to use in traffic.

seat shaker system

FIRST CADILLAC
By pops5x

2013 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

'We bought this Performance fwd model for the Mrs' daily "around town" car about six months ago. Our friends and family love its snappy looks which draws a lot of attention. It's exciting to drive and ride in. Powerful engine/transmission drive line. Sporty handling, comfortable seats and ride. Lots of room in front, but legroom in rear is tight when front seat(s) are all the way back. Beautiful, luxurious, quiet interior. The CUE system? Well, just like our iPhones it's a fun challenge, and we are conquering both. We wouldn't want to do without either.

So, so many -- sharp attractive exterior styling, the NAVI system with rear camera, memory settings, lane departure, blind spot, and front warnings, power lift gate with height settings, rain sensing wipers, tire pressure monitor, etc, etc. And for me, the manual shift button -- oh what fun! And, we get a monthly email from Cadillac factory notifying us of settings, mileage, service intervals, etc -- neat! Great Service Manager at our dealership.

The brake pedal requires more pressure than either of us have experienced in any other car. Don't understand why. It's annoying when we trade cars back and forth.

Spare tire vs tire repair kit
By edborne

2013 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

a metal plate struck one of the rear tires. got a flat tire. when called for roadside assistance (RSA), I was asked do your car came with a donut spare tire or with a compresor repair kit? To my surprise, it came with the C-repair kit ;-( It was a nightmare!!! RSA was no helpful, a tow truck was going to take 1.5 to show up,...4hrs later I went home, left the car in my work place parking overnight. How come when the dealer sell you the car does not tell you about the NO spare tire ;-( This is ridiculous!!! I am so disappointed that a so expensive luxury car does not come with a spare tire. Today the dealer is going to hear me... sorry, I am really upsep ;-(

place a spare tire instead of a tire repair kit.

SRX-Premium Edition
By viniadf

2013 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have a 2013 Cadillac SRX Premium Edition, FWD. I purchased this vehicle for my wife, but to be honest about it, I love it too!!! We have 1000 miles on the vehicle as I write this review, thus this will only include our initial impressions. Overall I would rate the vehicle a 10+ on features and styling. I would rate it at 6-7 regarding fuel economy. I give it a 9 on handling.

Interior, Interior and Interior. We looked at and test drove all of the top models out there between the price range of $40K-60K. There is not another vehicle that is better designed, more equipped, and is just flat our more luxurious than the Caddillac SRX. The CUE is AWESOME and really is that hard to learn and use. The Safety Features are Crazy good as we have the Driver's Assist Package and the Driver's Awareness Package in our vehicle. Handling was above average and acceleration was fine to good (or excellent when compared to other manufacturers in this class). The SRX drives heavy (not nimble), but this is something we like. You feel secure and in control of vehicle.

1-The CUE system should use non-fingerprint monitor because within a day or two, you have fingerprints all over the place. 2-Gas mileage could be better. 3-Rear seat area is good for kids and acceptable for adults on short trips, but don't think you can drive 3-4 hours with your larger teenagers or adult friends in the back, they will get a bit cramped. 4-Get us a Shark Fin Antenna... I don't understand why such a stylish vehicle uses such an ugly antenna that takes away from the awesome and distinguishable lines of the vehicle.