Very Happy with Purchase
By tcars1 on
2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I traded out for a Luxury 2012 for a 2011 premium MKX with low miles… which was horrible (going on 5th visit to the dealer in 4 weeks . FYI the MyLincolnTouch is a disaster). While the MKX had way more stuff (mind you none of it worked well), the caddy is a total hit! Awesome! I read complaints about the 2011 engine revving up and down and tried it. I agree. I have had mine for about 5 days now (lol). The 3.6L is very nice and I have been driving it in the ECO mode for the past 2 days. Plenty of power and am getting about 20.7 MPG. The inside is very refined, comfie and stuff is easy to get to.
Favorite Features
Comfortable, auto down on all windows, touch screen nav which is fast to use, great radio system with the nav system. Bluetooth is very good. Cool accent lights in the door and floors. The fit and finish is very good... they did not leave screw heads exposed or wires showing. Back seat cup holder with storage is nice for the kids. Huge sunroof, love it with full one touch open and close. Rear power hatch is smooth and quick and the hood does not use a prop rod like other $40K cars. Easy to drive, very nice even heated seats.
Suggested Improvements
Halogen lights suck. The beam projection is narrow and the lights are not good. Brights are wonderful. I changed to sliverstarts ultra and it is better. Kind of a pain to replace but not bad after the first go around. Can't find a way to download phone book into the car. Luxury model does not come with fog lights...it should. Cheaper cars do, this one should. The backup camera could be clearer. Mainly my 2 major complaints: halogen lights and the blue center console “data center thing” is to bright for me at night, I can’t get it darker. I also think it should be more useful to use; when you change stations it should show the change than go back, show street names like the GLK in nav setting