Used 2012 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Fairly new yet but
By pierret on 12/19/11 14:25 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car overall is A+ the seats could adjust up on the front side more. The road noise is very little there is some engine noise when getting on it but I kind of like that

2012 SRX- Style and Luxury!
By matheson1977 on 12/14/11 19:29 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Recently traded our 2008 RX350 in for this car, i'm extremely happy with the SRX. The Caddy has such style inside and out, its a treat to look at! The performance is also very pleasing, it gives up nothing to the competition in this area, we crossed shoped this vehicle with several others (except the Lexus Rx as we were not all that happy with ours) and the Caddy came up on top.

Loving it !
By f430monza on 12/03/11 20:16 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving over 10 cars, I kept on coming back to this one. I drove the 2011 and agree with the comments about it being under powered. Mind you the 3.6 is no Ferrari, but at least the engine doesn't seem stressed under hard acceleration. Even with the 20 inch rims, the car sacrifices little interior noise. Reasons for buying this car vs competitors: Q5- RELIABILITY ( we've had 6 Audis/VW- ALL HAVE BEEN A HEADACHE) GLK- Too small inside. Lexus RX- Too Boring to look at and drive. Evoque- nice, but see Q5 comments and multiply that by 20= Land rover.

Perfect Bling to Wear
By lovecaddy on 10/27/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Everyone stops and take a look at my new 2012 SRX. Design is like none other. Nothing on the road looks like this. The Lex twin looks small to this. Mine is Black Raven with Stone interior. In the past I was a huge Ford Explorer fan buying 2 in the last 6 years. Trust me, they never offered the luxury of this. Buttons galore including rain sense and power turn in side mirrors for the car wash and bank drive in windows. All the interior of my new SRX have leather with French Stitching on the dash, all side door parts. So much attention to detail. Rides like being on a feather.

Very Happy with Purchase
By tcars1 on 10/10/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded out for a Luxury 2012 for a 2011 premium MKX with low miles… which was horrible (going on 5th visit to the dealer in 4 weeks . FYI the MyLincolnTouch is a disaster). While the MKX had way more stuff (mind you none of it worked well), the caddy is a total hit! Awesome! I read complaints about the 2011 engine revving up and down and tried it. I agree. I have had mine for about 5 days now (lol). The 3.6L is very nice and I have been driving it in the ECO mode for the past 2 days. Plenty of power and am getting about 20.7 MPG. The inside is very refined, comfie and stuff is easy to get to.

Caddy SRX is a Winner
By dtrotter61 on 09/14/11 19:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The addition of the new 3.6L V6 engine made the already good SRX a class leader in its category. While it possessed head turning looks and a luxurious interior, it lacked the performance necessary to run with the Big Dogs. The new engine provides a throaty growl when accelerating and provides plenty of passing power on the freeway. When combined with excellent fit and finish inside and out and great driving dynamics, braking and acceleration, the SRX now has the total package. Having moved from a Lexus RX 350, which I loved, the SRX is more powerful, stylish, engaging and dynamic vehicle that possesses excellent ergonomics and technology.