Used 2012 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2012 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

2012 SRX is a lemon
By gjet1

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 srx luxury model in march of 2012. Since then a rear shock broke car was 2 days old. Next the brakes made a strange chirping noise, front pads and rotors, now the engine misfires. It has been in shop for a total of 45 days for this problem. GM cannot fix it not the dealer where car was purchased or the GM engineer dept. The car just misfires when it feels like it. GM tried cols 1,4 map sensor,throttle and alot of other parts. Today the steering make noise. Nothing but problems and headaches. I have driven many caddy loaner cars all 2012 srx and at least 3 of them had this misfire problem. My ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. THE NEW STANDARD OF THE WORLD DISSAPOINTING.

Favorite Features

None anymore

Suggested Improvements

Yea fix this LEMON

Poor Navigation system
By kytom1

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 2012 SRX with Navigation. Entered my home address and the Nav System gave totally wrong directions. Cadillac dealer ordered new Nav disk - but error ( and wrong additional addresses) remained. Called Cadillac customer service - and only response I get is 'we're working on it'. I have a handheld Garmin that takes me to my driveway - but the Cadillac Nav system puts me 1/2 mile away. My dealer attempted to drive another 2012 SRX with Nav to my address and that vehicle also made wrong turns. AVOID this option. If and when cadillac repairs this disater - I will be happy to report it. Meanwhile - use caution if you intend to purchase this option. Better yet, DON'T.

2012 Cadillac SRX
By aggiedave

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 SRX - Premium in November 2011. Performance: great. It is a quick car for what it is. It rides good. However... there are a lot of "little" things, details, that were missed. I am convinced that the people they let drive the pre-production versions of this car were people that had a vested interest in keeping development cost down, and getting the car to production on time. I traded a Nissan Murano for this - I like the Murano better. I hate the car; my wife loves it. Go figure.

Favorite Features

Hatch door - power open/close. Keyless remote/start. 3.6L is very responsive. Tranny shifts great when going down the highway. Handles good. heated/cooled seats... directional head lamps are pretty cool. Trim seems to be tight. GPS... it's "OK." GM only includes an ABC touch pad to enter addresses/city/street names. There's no QWERTY option. Really? yeah. When you select a destination, you touch "start." Then it tells you not to use it while driving, and then you have to hit "go" for it to then map the drive. Why would they make you take your eyes off of the road twice just to confirm where you want to go???

Suggested Improvements

Tanny has issues when backing: put in gear, and it starts moving - give it gas and it "catches." Who ever thought the push button emerg brake was a good idea?? I hate it! The console; instr cluster has yet to grow on me. Mileage gauge is "min to max." Why not put numbers?? There is no place in the console area to put a phone, glasses or change... There is no room between the door and seat, so when you reach to get an umbrella or napkin, you scrape your watch against the door. There is a lot of wasted space on the console with buttons that are hardly ever used... should have been soft keys on the display. Back up cam not shielded enough-water gets on it and it's virtually useless

Very happy with the SRX
By commander58

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2012 FWD Luxury model. Great lease value compared to competetors such as Acura MDX. Infinity EX, FX, etc. Delaership experience excellent. SRX rides fantastic. Road noise non-existent. Handling, acceleration, shifting of the transmisson all great. Seats are firm, but I find the SRX to be very comfortable. Great feature content on the Luxury trim level. Averaging 21 mpg with mostly highway driving. Very pleased with the exterior & interior appearanc eand build quality. I was in the market for a luxury SUV/CUV and found this to be the best value out there. I have not had a GM product for quite a few years, and I'm very impressed so far!

Favorite Features

Exterior & interior appearance. Black leather interior with white stitching. Bose 5.1 sound system, power liftgate, heated steering wheel, panoramic sunroof, back up camera, no road noise at all! Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights should be standard on the Luxury trim level.

Cadillac Forgot Comfort
By brucetaxes

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this SUV for 7 weeks and 3500 miles. The seats are VERY uncomfortable. The bolsters are too hard to the point that I have black and blue marks on the back of my thighs. The space between the bolsters is 11 1/2" but my rear end is 13 1/2" and I am not a large man. Maybe a larger person would have their own padding, but I don't. The seats are too hard. The back seat has no leg room and is also very hard. My biggest problem is with the head rest leaning to far forward. I can not sit straight in the seat. So I had to remove the head rest.

Favorite Features

Back up camera with lines to show you where you are going to go based on which way you turn the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Head rests more comfortable seats back seat leg room radio station buttons should be seperate from the navigation screen the car is too noisy when standing next to a running car. The noise level is ok while driving. improve visability to right rear side of car