Used 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Sexual white chocolate
By Amanda

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start off by saying this vehicle is gorgeous! A real looker, and there aren't too many of them out there alongside all of those Ford Edges and Nissan Muranos. The interior is impressive, even though we don't have the large nav screen, it still looks great. Expensive looking. The leather is high quality and the reason we bought the 2012 is because it really doesn't look worn at all.. We've only recently figured out why it doesn't look worn - it's very uncomfortable!! I'm 6'0 and had to sit in the backseat for 4 hours, and honestly it was less comfortable than an airplane for me. My head kept hitting the roof, i couldn't put my knees straight out, and for some reason this models' back seats don't recline (thought that was standard but it may only be for Performance models) so you're literally sitting stick-straight the whole time and the seats don't give in any way. The front seats are much more comfortable than the back, but still less comfortable than our 2013 Jetta SE. If it's beauty you're after, and something with a sturdy interior that will last, then this car is for you. If comfort is priority, look elsewhere (we test drove an MKX and it was very very comfy all around).

2 for 1 and did my homework
By JC

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 05 Infiniti q45 and 04 Chevy trailblazer in for the Srx. I wanted all the same features both vehicles had together. I look at the Lincoln, Mercedes , Infiniti and BMW. But for the value you could not beat Cadillac. I am a 6'3" male that's sits comfortably inside and do not have a problem getting in or out. Cadillac services or will maintain the vehicle for the next 3 years all free. I test drove a 2015 but settled on the 12. Didn't want big car payments. Plus the only difference is the navigation radio system but everything else is the same. It has 22000 miles and certified pre-own. I had it a month a get 21 mpg around town and 25 on the highway. This is great compared to my last v8 and v6 engines. And it takes regular gases. The dealer also washes it at every service a sweep as give you a brand new loaner. I do recommend you test drive.

Great All-round Vehicle
By firetoice

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in September, 2011, replacing a 2010 SRX. Super for longer trips; comfortable, quiet, solid, efficient. Fuel economy through 50,000 miles of mixed driving: 24 mpg. Unfortunately, this model has increased in price by ~$7,000 since I purchased my 2010, though I still believe it is a good value.

Exterior design, panoramic sunroof, great night illumination. Overall package: leather seating; both front seats powered, with lumbar support; OnStar; and power tailgate lift. Extendable driver seat bolster for thigh support.

Plusher front seating surfaces. Increased rear leg room.

Good All Around SUV
By rocky92

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 SRX is front wheel drive luxury model with 18 inch wheels. No problems after one year which is nice for an SUV with very many features that could go wrong. Good handling, quite, and good pick up for an SUV and I drive it aggressively. All around MPG is 20 to 21 MPG which is better than the AWD models.

Auto rain sensors, neat tire presure display, rear trunk opener, heated stearing wheel and adustable gas and brake pedals. I like the buttoms on the 2012 SRX instead of the the CUE system Cadillac came out with in 2013.

Great ride but it coud be softer. I noticed that putting the tire pressure at 33 psi instead of the 35 psi recommend give a softer ride. PSI at 37 psi give a hard ride.

2012 SRX is a lemon
By gjet1

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 srx luxury model in march of 2012. Since then a rear shock broke car was 2 days old. Next the brakes made a strange chirping noise, front pads and rotors, now the engine misfires. It has been in shop for a total of 45 days for this problem. GM cannot fix it not the dealer where car was purchased or the GM engineer dept. The car just misfires when it feels like it. GM tried cols 1,4 map sensor,throttle and alot of other parts. Today the steering make noise. Nothing but problems and headaches. I have driven many caddy loaner cars all 2012 srx and at least 3 of them had this misfire problem. My ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. THE NEW STANDARD OF THE WORLD DISSAPOINTING.

None anymore