Used 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Great All-round Vehicle
By firetoice

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in September, 2011, replacing a 2010 SRX. Super for longer trips; comfortable, quiet, solid, efficient. Fuel economy through 50,000 miles of mixed driving: 24 mpg. Unfortunately, this model has increased in price by ~$7,000 since I purchased my 2010, though I still believe it is a good value.

Exterior design, panoramic sunroof, great night illumination. Overall package: leather seating; both front seats powered, with lumbar support; OnStar; and power tailgate lift. Extendable driver seat bolster for thigh support.

Plusher front seating surfaces. Increased rear leg room.

Good All Around SUV
By rocky92

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 SRX is front wheel drive luxury model with 18 inch wheels. No problems after one year which is nice for an SUV with very many features that could go wrong. Good handling, quite, and good pick up for an SUV and I drive it aggressively. All around MPG is 20 to 21 MPG which is better than the AWD models.

Auto rain sensors, neat tire presure display, rear trunk opener, heated stearing wheel and adustable gas and brake pedals. I like the buttoms on the 2012 SRX instead of the the CUE system Cadillac came out with in 2013.

Great ride but it coud be softer. I noticed that putting the tire pressure at 33 psi instead of the 35 psi recommend give a softer ride. PSI at 37 psi give a hard ride.

2012 SRX is a lemon
By gjet1

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 srx luxury model in march of 2012. Since then a rear shock broke car was 2 days old. Next the brakes made a strange chirping noise, front pads and rotors, now the engine misfires. It has been in shop for a total of 45 days for this problem. GM cannot fix it not the dealer where car was purchased or the GM engineer dept. The car just misfires when it feels like it. GM tried cols 1,4 map sensor,throttle and alot of other parts. Today the steering make noise. Nothing but problems and headaches. I have driven many caddy loaner cars all 2012 srx and at least 3 of them had this misfire problem. My ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. THE NEW STANDARD OF THE WORLD DISSAPOINTING.

None anymore

Yea fix this LEMON

Poor Navigation system
By kytom1

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 2012 SRX with Navigation. Entered my home address and the Nav System gave totally wrong directions. Cadillac dealer ordered new Nav disk - but error ( and wrong additional addresses) remained. Called Cadillac customer service - and only response I get is 'we're working on it'. I have a handheld Garmin that takes me to my driveway - but the Cadillac Nav system puts me 1/2 mile away. My dealer attempted to drive another 2012 SRX with Nav to my address and that vehicle also made wrong turns. AVOID this option. If and when cadillac repairs this disater - I will be happy to report it. Meanwhile - use caution if you intend to purchase this option. Better yet, DON'T.

Very happy with the SRX
By commander58

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2012 FWD Luxury model. Great lease value compared to competetors such as Acura MDX. Infinity EX, FX, etc. Delaership experience excellent. SRX rides fantastic. Road noise non-existent. Handling, acceleration, shifting of the transmisson all great. Seats are firm, but I find the SRX to be very comfortable. Great feature content on the Luxury trim level. Averaging 21 mpg with mostly highway driving. Very pleased with the exterior & interior appearanc eand build quality. I was in the market for a luxury SUV/CUV and found this to be the best value out there. I have not had a GM product for quite a few years, and I'm very impressed so far!

Exterior & interior appearance. Black leather interior with white stitching. Bose 5.1 sound system, power liftgate, heated steering wheel, panoramic sunroof, back up camera, no road noise at all! Good gas mileage.

Fog lights should be standard on the Luxury trim level.