2012 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Good All Around SUV
By rocky92 on 03/28/14 07:15 AM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 SRX is front wheel drive luxury model with 18 inch wheels. No problems after one year which is nice for an SUV with very many features that could go wrong. Good handling, quite, and good pick up for an SUV and I drive it aggressively. All around MPG is 20 to 21 MPG which is better than the AWD models.

2012 SRX is a lemon
By gjet1 on 11/27/12 18:25 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 srx luxury model in march of 2012. Since then a rear shock broke car was 2 days old. Next the brakes made a strange chirping noise, front pads and rotors, now the engine misfires. It has been in shop for a total of 45 days for this problem. GM cannot fix it not the dealer where car was purchased or the GM engineer dept. The car just misfires when it feels like it. GM tried cols 1,4 map sensor,throttle and alot of other parts. Today the steering make noise. Nothing but problems and headaches. I have driven many caddy loaner cars all 2012 srx and at least 3 of them had this misfire problem. My ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. THE NEW STANDARD OF THE WORLD DISSAPOINTING.

Poor Navigation system
By kytom1 on 05/03/12 15:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 2012 SRX with Navigation. Entered my home address and the Nav System gave totally wrong directions. Cadillac dealer ordered new Nav disk - but error ( and wrong additional addresses) remained. Called Cadillac customer service - and only response I get is 'we're working on it'. I have a handheld Garmin that takes me to my driveway - but the Cadillac Nav system puts me 1/2 mile away. My dealer attempted to drive another 2012 SRX with Nav to my address and that vehicle also made wrong turns. AVOID this option. If and when cadillac repairs this disater - I will be happy to report it. Meanwhile - use caution if you intend to purchase this option. Better yet, DON'T.

Very happy with the SRX
By commander58 on 01/13/12 11:34 AM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2012 FWD Luxury model. Great lease value compared to competetors such as Acura MDX. Infinity EX, FX, etc. Delaership experience excellent. SRX rides fantastic. Road noise non-existent. Handling, acceleration, shifting of the transmisson all great. Seats are firm, but I find the SRX to be very comfortable. Great feature content on the Luxury trim level. Averaging 21 mpg with mostly highway driving. Very pleased with the exterior & interior appearanc eand build quality. I was in the market for a luxury SUV/CUV and found this to be the best value out there. I have not had a GM product for quite a few years, and I'm very impressed so far!

Cadillac Forgot Comfort
By brucetaxes on 12/20/11 14:12 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this SUV for 7 weeks and 3500 miles. The seats are VERY uncomfortable. The bolsters are too hard to the point that I have black and blue marks on the back of my thighs. The space between the bolsters is 11 1/2" but my rear end is 13 1/2" and I am not a large man. Maybe a larger person would have their own padding, but I don't. The seats are too hard. The back seat has no leg room and is also very hard. My biggest problem is with the head rest leaning to far forward. I can not sit straight in the seat. So I had to remove the head rest.

Perfect Bling to Wear
By lovecaddy on 10/27/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Everyone stops and take a look at my new 2012 SRX. Design is like none other. Nothing on the road looks like this. The Lex twin looks small to this. Mine is Black Raven with Stone interior. In the past I was a huge Ford Explorer fan buying 2 in the last 6 years. Trust me, they never offered the luxury of this. Buttons galore including rain sense and power turn in side mirrors for the car wash and bank drive in windows. All the interior of my new SRX have leather with French Stitching on the dash, all side door parts. So much attention to detail. Rides like being on a feather.

Very Happy with Purchase
By tcars1 on 10/10/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded out for a Luxury 2012 for a 2011 premium MKX with low milesÂ… which was horrible (going on 5th visit to the dealer in 4 weeks . FYI the MyLincolnTouch is a disaster). While the MKX had way more stuff (mind you none of it worked well), the caddy is a total hit! Awesome! I read complaints about the 2011 engine revving up and down and tried it. I agree. I have had mine for about 5 days now (lol). The 3.6L is very nice and I have been driving it in the ECO mode for the past 2 days. Plenty of power and am getting about 20.7 MPG. The inside is very refined, comfie and stuff is easy to get to.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Cadillac SRX Suv in VA is:

$131 per month*