Used 2012 Cadillac SRX Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2012 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

46K miles and still not a problem
By moscoman

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With the exception of tires recently changed, this car has been absolutely a pleasure to own and drive. I waited specifically for the 2012 model to get the larger V6 with increased HP, and it has not disappointed. Extremely comfortable car to drive.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great. Visibility is good. Acceleration is very nice and appreciated.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the seat memory button on the door rather than on side of seat. Minor issue for sure and maybe personal preference. Pain in butt, no pun intended, to find the button for my driving preferences after my wife has it set on hers.

2012 Cadillac SRX
By aggiedave

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 SRX - Premium in November 2011. Performance: great. It is a quick car for what it is. It rides good. However... there are a lot of "little" things, details, that were missed. I am convinced that the people they let drive the pre-production versions of this car were people that had a vested interest in keeping development cost down, and getting the car to production on time. I traded a Nissan Murano for this - I like the Murano better. I hate the car; my wife loves it. Go figure.

Favorite Features

Hatch door - power open/close. Keyless remote/start. 3.6L is very responsive. Tranny shifts great when going down the highway. Handles good. heated/cooled seats... directional head lamps are pretty cool. Trim seems to be tight. GPS... it's "OK." GM only includes an ABC touch pad to enter addresses/city/street names. There's no QWERTY option. Really? yeah. When you select a destination, you touch "start." Then it tells you not to use it while driving, and then you have to hit "go" for it to then map the drive. Why would they make you take your eyes off of the road twice just to confirm where you want to go???

Suggested Improvements

Tanny has issues when backing: put in gear, and it starts moving - give it gas and it "catches." Who ever thought the push button emerg brake was a good idea?? I hate it! The console; instr cluster has yet to grow on me. Mileage gauge is "min to max." Why not put numbers?? There is no place in the console area to put a phone, glasses or change... There is no room between the door and seat, so when you reach to get an umbrella or napkin, you scrape your watch against the door. There is a lot of wasted space on the console with buttons that are hardly ever used... should have been soft keys on the display. Back up cam not shielded enough-water gets on it and it's virtually useless