Used 2012 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2012 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Great All-round Vehicle
By firetoice

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in September, 2011, replacing a 2010 SRX. Super for longer trips; comfortable, quiet, solid, efficient. Fuel economy through 50,000 miles of mixed driving: 24 mpg. Unfortunately, this model has increased in price by ~$7,000 since I purchased my 2010, though I still believe it is a good value.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, panoramic sunroof, great night illumination. Overall package: leather seating; both front seats powered, with lumbar support; OnStar; and power tailgate lift. Extendable driver seat bolster for thigh support.

Suggested Improvements

Plusher front seating surfaces. Increased rear leg room.

46K miles and still not a problem
By moscoman

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With the exception of tires recently changed, this car has been absolutely a pleasure to own and drive. I waited specifically for the 2012 model to get the larger V6 with increased HP, and it has not disappointed. Extremely comfortable car to drive.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great. Visibility is good. Acceleration is very nice and appreciated.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the seat memory button on the door rather than on side of seat. Minor issue for sure and maybe personal preference. Pain in butt, no pun intended, to find the button for my driving preferences after my wife has it set on hers.

Good All Around SUV
By rocky92

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 SRX is front wheel drive luxury model with 18 inch wheels. No problems after one year which is nice for an SUV with very many features that could go wrong. Good handling, quite, and good pick up for an SUV and I drive it aggressively. All around MPG is 20 to 21 MPG which is better than the AWD models.

Favorite Features

Auto rain sensors, neat tire presure display, rear trunk opener, heated stearing wheel and adustable gas and brake pedals. I like the buttoms on the 2012 SRX instead of the the CUE system Cadillac came out with in 2013.

Suggested Improvements

Great ride but it coud be softer. I noticed that putting the tire pressure at 33 psi instead of the 35 psi recommend give a softer ride. PSI at 37 psi give a hard ride.

2012 SRX Performance
By madillini

2012 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car a month ago. Also considered the Lexus 350. It wasn't even close. The SRX seems much roomier inside and has many more nice features. The exterior is chiseled yet sleek, the interior is roomy and comfortable. Seats are very supportive and love the pull out thigh support on the drivers side. Haven't used the GPS much but no problems with accuracy when I did. I actually like the push button parking break. Drive is very quiet, acceleration is quick, steering is responsive, shifting is ultra smooth, this car is a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

Heated steering wheel. rear cargo rack system, power moon roof, pause on live radio, push button parking brake...

Suggested Improvements

Review camera fogs up

Unreliable Nav System.
By tweeder

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While I enjoy all the reasons I chose the SRX (ease of entry/exit, style, seat comfort, handling, etc), the expensive Navigation system is a joke! The map display is fine, the audible prompts are OK, the way it works with POI's is confusing, but the main reason for having a GPS system (guiding you to a destination) is totally unreliable! I, like so many others I now discover, have, in only a few months of ownership, experienced numerous incidence of inaccurate directions. Apparently the map database used is woefully out of date and inaccurate. To compound the disappointment, GM knows it's bad and offers no fix! Back to Japan or Korea for next car!

Favorite Features

Style and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Install a Garmin Navigation system and improve the gas mileage.