2012 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Good All Around SUV
By rocky92 on 03/28/14 07:15 AM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 SRX is front wheel drive luxury model with 18 inch wheels. No problems after one year which is nice for an SUV with very many features that could go wrong. Good handling, quite, and good pick up for an SUV and I drive it aggressively. All around MPG is 20 to 21 MPG which is better than the AWD models.

2012 SRX Performance
By madillini on 03/19/14 10:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car a month ago. Also considered the Lexus 350. It wasn't even close. The SRX seems much roomier inside and has many more nice features. The exterior is chiseled yet sleek, the interior is roomy and comfortable. Seats are very supportive and love the pull out thigh support on the drivers side. Haven't used the GPS much but no problems with accuracy when I did. I actually like the push button parking break. Drive is very quiet, acceleration is quick, steering is responsive, shifting is ultra smooth, this car is a joy to drive.

Unreliable Nav System.
By tweeder on 06/03/13 04:36 AM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While I enjoy all the reasons I chose the SRX (ease of entry/exit, style, seat comfort, handling, etc), the expensive Navigation system is a joke! The map display is fine, the audible prompts are OK, the way it works with POI's is confusing, but the main reason for having a GPS system (guiding you to a destination) is totally unreliable! I, like so many others I now discover, have, in only a few months of ownership, experienced numerous incidence of inaccurate directions. Apparently the map database used is woefully out of date and inaccurate. To compound the disappointment, GM knows it's bad and offers no fix! Back to Japan or Korea for next car!

2012 SRX is a lemon
By gjet1 on 11/27/12 18:25 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 srx luxury model in march of 2012. Since then a rear shock broke car was 2 days old. Next the brakes made a strange chirping noise, front pads and rotors, now the engine misfires. It has been in shop for a total of 45 days for this problem. GM cannot fix it not the dealer where car was purchased or the GM engineer dept. The car just misfires when it feels like it. GM tried cols 1,4 map sensor,throttle and alot of other parts. Today the steering make noise. Nothing but problems and headaches. I have driven many caddy loaner cars all 2012 srx and at least 3 of them had this misfire problem. My ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. THE NEW STANDARD OF THE WORLD DISSAPOINTING.

Poor Navigation system
By kytom1 on 05/03/12 15:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 2012 SRX with Navigation. Entered my home address and the Nav System gave totally wrong directions. Cadillac dealer ordered new Nav disk - but error ( and wrong additional addresses) remained. Called Cadillac customer service - and only response I get is 'we're working on it'. I have a handheld Garmin that takes me to my driveway - but the Cadillac Nav system puts me 1/2 mile away. My dealer attempted to drive another 2012 SRX with Nav to my address and that vehicle also made wrong turns. AVOID this option. If and when cadillac repairs this disater - I will be happy to report it. Meanwhile - use caution if you intend to purchase this option. Better yet, DON'T.

2012 Cadillac SRX
By aggiedave on 02/01/12 20:34 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 SRX - Premium in November 2011. Performance: great. It is a quick car for what it is. It rides good. However... there are a lot of "little" things, details, that were missed. I am convinced that the people they let drive the pre-production versions of this car were people that had a vested interest in keeping development cost down, and getting the car to production on time. I traded a Nissan Murano for this - I like the Murano better. I hate the car; my wife loves it. Go figure.

Very happy with the SRX
By commander58 on 01/13/12 11:34 AM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2012 FWD Luxury model. Great lease value compared to competetors such as Acura MDX. Infinity EX, FX, etc. Delaership experience excellent. SRX rides fantastic. Road noise non-existent. Handling, acceleration, shifting of the transmisson all great. Seats are firm, but I find the SRX to be very comfortable. Great feature content on the Luxury trim level. Averaging 21 mpg with mostly highway driving. Very pleased with the exterior & interior appearanc eand build quality. I was in the market for a luxury SUV/CUV and found this to be the best value out there. I have not had a GM product for quite a few years, and I'm very impressed so far!

Cadillac Forgot Comfort
By brucetaxes on 12/20/11 14:12 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this SUV for 7 weeks and 3500 miles. The seats are VERY uncomfortable. The bolsters are too hard to the point that I have black and blue marks on the back of my thighs. The space between the bolsters is 11 1/2" but my rear end is 13 1/2" and I am not a large man. Maybe a larger person would have their own padding, but I don't. The seats are too hard. The back seat has no leg room and is also very hard. My biggest problem is with the head rest leaning to far forward. I can not sit straight in the seat. So I had to remove the head rest.

Fairly new yet but
By pierret on 12/19/11 14:25 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car overall is A+ the seats could adjust up on the front side more. The road noise is very little there is some engine noise when getting on it but I kind of like that

2012 SRX- Style and Luxury!
By matheson1977 on 12/14/11 19:29 PM (PST)

2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Recently traded our 2008 RX350 in for this car, i'm extremely happy with the SRX. The Caddy has such style inside and out, its a treat to look at! The performance is also very pleasing, it gives up nothing to the competition in this area, we crossed shoped this vehicle with several others (except the Lexus Rx as we were not all that happy with ours) and the Caddy came up on top.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Cadillac SRX in VA is:

$160 per month*