What's with the poor MPG
By FirsttimeCaddyowner on
2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I had owned Infinity I30 and leased Lexus RX for 2 leased terms (6 yrs) without any complain and wish American autos would recapture some market shares from foreign cars. So I decided to lease SRX and have it for about 3 weeks with 550 miles on it. Combined mpg as per the car computer says less than 15 mpg, a far cry from the window sticker which says 17 & 23. This poor showing despite having a less powerful engine put into the car which sacrifices pick up power and supposedly giving better mileage. This leaves a lot to be desired and would require GM to improve this major short coming. Other than this, the car has been problem free so far and I hope I didn't make a bad decision.
Favorite Features
The look of this car inside and out is stunning, better than most imports. Lots of features which I am still learning to use. XM radio is cool, On star is nice. Navigation seems to be better than Lexus. Bose stereo is another nice feature. Don't care much about the cooler in the glove compartment.
Suggested Improvements
GM must listen to owners unbiased feedback to improve their cars if they are to be competitive and really wants to set the standard of the world as they are saying in their ad. They should work on adding a more powerful engine with improved mileage for their next model year.