2011 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: Loving my SRX

2011 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

Loving my SRX
By cadcoo on

2011 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the SRX May 2011. I love the drive, ride, and design. It gets tons of looks on the road. I purchased the black ice after going back and forth from the red to black ice. Of course I had to pick the 2 most popular colors so it took some time for the dealership to find just what I wanted (I had to have black interior b/c I have 2 kids). I wish I had purchased the premier with air conditioned seats, but I saved $3000 not getting them so I just use the app on my iphone to start my car and cool it off.

I love the ride of this car. I love the ease of driving. I love the huge sunroof. I tinted the sunroofs darker so I don't have to close the screen and now I don't even notice the sun but we can still see out. I love the huge glove compartment. I like all the different options you can choose on the odometer display. There are so many things I love that I can't list them all here.

I think Cadillac needs blind spot monitoring. I had it on my last car and I miss it. I think the back glass should pop open for when you just want to reach in and grab something. For some reason the brake is much higher than the gas pedal than my last car. But I rented a Chevy Traverse and I noticed the same with that car...so maybe it's a GM thing. I have to actually pick up my foot to get to the brake. I think the steering radio controls should be on the left side and the cruise one the right...but maybe b/c that's how it was on my last car and I drive with my left hand. I use the radio controls more than cruise controls. But all of these things I can live with..it's a great car!