2011 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: Almost a perfect 10

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Review

Almost a perfect 10
By Almost Perfect on

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a 2007 DTS in for this SRX to hold me until the new XTS arrives next year. I'm not a Crossover person, but this is a really nice change. Fit and finish is perfect, and the optional Crystal Red I ordered is a real eye catcher. Seats are too firm, but I can live with it. The engine leaves a lot to be desired, but it's fair. Rides like a luxury should, but very noisy when you need to pass, or merge on the freeway from the underpowered engine. Poor fuel mileage with about 16'5 tops in city driving. At 6' there's plenty of leg room, and some to spare. Difficult to program different things i.e. radio etc.

The looks would be #1. The handling and ride, a decent...but not great Bose radio. The car certainly measures up to the best Cadillac quality, and I buy a new one every 3 years. The interior is first rate!

Cadillac has a 304 HP engine they use as a upgrade in the CTS, and it should have been standard in the SRX. Had the done that, and put in softer seats, this car would be a "Perfect 10."