1st impressions
By mao_007 on
2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I recently bought an SRX so I can't really speak to reliability but ...It seems attention to detail is there, very nice interior and an excellent body. The pickup is excellent particularly with the autostick. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing but avoid the lead foot and use autostick and you should be fine. The trunk area is nice, and I particularly like the hidden large well which is lined so it is great for frozen items.I really like the fence divider on rails the trunk area has very handy (can stow in the well).
Favorite Features
The styling and the attention to detail is all there as expected. I particularly like the stiffer Euro ride and of course the interior is the best. The console for the driver is very easy to read and there are many options even a display of the tires and their respective tire pressure. Needless to say, the backup camera is nice for the many occasions one has to go into reverse. OnStar however, ties everything together making it a sweet package. Last but not least, the dealer I went to WEIL Cadillac is the best and it was a pleasure working with the car salesman Michael Palermo.
Suggested Improvements
A little better gas mileage would be nice. It might help if they came out with say an 8 speed and had a mode which attempts to keep the RPMs low thus saving gas. For those of us that already bought an SRX I think they could improve the onboard software (more intelligent shifting). On that note, I did find in situations where you have to punch it the acceleration isn't always smooth the way it would be say in a Mercedes 300. Also, I found the iPod integration works but is a bit fussy with regards to setting up and getting working (lots of songs it has to index).