2011 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
european
By gcandler on 08/25/11 07:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American car I have owned in twenty years. Now I know why. The engine is awful and sounds like a lawn mower. It has zero power and has horrendous gas mileage. The transmission hunts when slowing down and is jerky. The suspension has no give, making all road imperfections a nightmare. All my previous cars were European and I ask myself why Cadillac did not hire some of the talent from their European subsidiaries to design a decent engine and transmission. Its back to the drawing board for Cadillac, and another ten years before i buy another one.

Loving my SRX
By cadcoo on 06/21/11 09:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the SRX May 2011. I love the drive, ride, and design. It gets tons of looks on the road. I purchased the black ice after going back and forth from the red to black ice. Of course I had to pick the 2 most popular colors so it took some time for the dealership to find just what I wanted (I had to have black interior b/c I have 2 kids). I wish I had purchased the premier with air conditioned seats, but I saved $3000 not getting them so I just use the app on my iphone to start my car and cool it off.

I'm Disappointed in Cadillac and Sewell
By dallasfarmboy on 12/14/10 19:45 PM (PST)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a new 2010 SRX almost 9 months ago and it has 6,000 miles on it. First, the gas cap is directly over the right rear tire which forces the gas tube to run parallel to the ground. This causes almost any gas pump nozzle to constantly stop or fall out, so you have to hold the dirty nozzle the entire time. Despite many complaints from many buyers, GM and Sewell resolve this issue with a letter to complainants telling them they don't know how to fill their car. The other issue is a slushing sound in the gas tank. This is very annoying and sounds like a lead ball rolling around in the back. The visibility, long hood, and sluggish and jumpy acceleration are also poor.

Pleasure to drive
By So Far Pleased on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

All I have been reading is how this car is short on power, I traded my 2004 SRX with the 320hp North star engine. This car seems to have all the power from a stop and to pass, anyone could need. Combined fuel mileage I am averaging 21 MPG, only have 1450 miles on it but so far no problems. I did have to remove the front headrest and turn them around, I am tall and they were hitting the back of my neck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Cadillac SRX Suv in VA is:

$149 per month*