Used 2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

This is the worse SUV ever!
By depe3131

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I haven't had this suv a year and it's by far the worse suv I ever owned. I have taken this suv in 10-15 times due to the idling. Every time I stop I get a horrible shake. I bought the suv because it was a CPO and no one seems to be able to know what's going on. I will get rid of this crappy suv this summer. Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!!!!

NONE---maybe the exterior design

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

went back to GM after 20+ years
By jdo1139

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a german car guy for a long time. Just wanted a change. bought the srx in sept. 2011 have 524 miles on it at this writting. so far I am happy with the suv over all but dislike the non turbo v6 quite sluggish for my taste but Ican live with it. fit and finish is very good,interior is beautiful, the look of the suv is great overall the choice of a cadillac was a good one. may be after 10000 miles i'll write another review, hope I can still rave

interior ,style of suv.price.

1st impressions
By mao_007

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought an SRX so I can't really speak to reliability but ...It seems attention to detail is there, very nice interior and an excellent body. The pickup is excellent particularly with the autostick. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing but avoid the lead foot and use autostick and you should be fine. The trunk area is nice, and I particularly like the hidden large well which is lined so it is great for frozen items.I really like the fence divider on rails the trunk area has very handy (can stow in the well).

The styling and the attention to detail is all there as expected. I particularly like the stiffer Euro ride and of course the interior is the best. The console for the driver is very easy to read and there are many options even a display of the tires and their respective tire pressure. Needless to say, the backup camera is nice for the many occasions one has to go into reverse. OnStar however, ties everything together making it a sweet package. Last but not least, the dealer I went to WEIL Cadillac is the best and it was a pleasure working with the car salesman Michael Palermo.

A little better gas mileage would be nice. It might help if they came out with say an 8 speed and had a mode which attempts to keep the RPMs low thus saving gas. For those of us that already bought an SRX I think they could improve the onboard software (more intelligent shifting). On that note, I did find in situations where you have to punch it the acceleration isn't always smooth the way it would be say in a Mercedes 300. Also, I found the iPod integration works but is a bit fussy with regards to setting up and getting working (lots of songs it has to index).

Loving My New Luxury SRX FWD
By creeative123

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been watching this vehicle since it came out in 2010. I went back and forth between the Infinity FX35, BMW X3, Audi Q5 and the Cadillac SRX. Coming from a Japaneese SUV I was hesitant at first, but I must say, GM really stepped it up a knotch. I went with the Luxury Model and to be honest I don't think it is sluggish at all. It is stylish, they spared no expense on all of the bells and whistles. It can be alittle hard to see backing up but the camera which comes on your rear view mirror more than makes up for that. You do loose a little head room with the Pani sunroof, but the benfits more than outway the negatives. Give the SRX a try I think u will be majory supprised.. I was

panoramic sun room, heated and cooled front seets, power lift gate, Onstar, cooled gloved compartment, back up camera, parking sensors, leather interior, wood grain, Bose Speaker System, Power Seats, I just love the way the Cadi SRX looks, feels and drives. Not to mention the warranty ranks right up there with BMW and Volvo.

I dont like how you have to slide the arm rest back to get access to your cup holders, don't like where the IPOD jack is located.

I love my 2011 SRX
By edward

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my SRX. I have owned Cadillac in the past and they proved to be a problem. Hopefully I have not made a mistake with this vehicle. I only have 250 miles at this writing and I am pleased with the new Cadillac warranty. I agree, the transmission is sometimes confused... but I do not have a heavy foot so acceleration is fine for me. I love the styling and the car is fun to drive.

Love most everything, especially ONSTAR

What's with the gas cap? No security? Even my HONDA Pilot had a locking mechanism within the vehicle to lock / unlock the gas cap? "The New Standard of the World", which is Cadillac's new advertising slogan does not include this feature? Even as a option? Come on GM!! Floor mats upgrade