Used 2011 Cadillac SRX Performance SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

european
By gcandler

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American car I have owned in twenty years. Now I know why. The engine is awful and sounds like a lawn mower. It has zero power and has horrendous gas mileage. The transmission hunts when slowing down and is jerky. The suspension has no give, making all road imperfections a nightmare. All my previous cars were European and I ask myself why Cadillac did not hire some of the talent from their European subsidiaries to design a decent engine and transmission. Its back to the drawing board for Cadillac, and another ten years before i buy another one.

Favorite Features

Looks ok.

Suggested Improvements

New engine. New transmission. New suspension>

Loving my SRX
By cadcoo

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the SRX May 2011. I love the drive, ride, and design. It gets tons of looks on the road. I purchased the black ice after going back and forth from the red to black ice. Of course I had to pick the 2 most popular colors so it took some time for the dealership to find just what I wanted (I had to have black interior b/c I have 2 kids). I wish I had purchased the premier with air conditioned seats, but I saved $3000 not getting them so I just use the app on my iphone to start my car and cool it off.

Favorite Features

I love the ride of this car. I love the ease of driving. I love the huge sunroof. I tinted the sunroofs darker so I don't have to close the screen and now I don't even notice the sun but we can still see out. I love the huge glove compartment. I like all the different options you can choose on the odometer display. There are so many things I love that I can't list them all here.

Suggested Improvements

I think Cadillac needs blind spot monitoring. I had it on my last car and I miss it. I think the back glass should pop open for when you just want to reach in and grab something. For some reason the brake is much higher than the gas pedal than my last car. But I rented a Chevy Traverse and I noticed the same with that car...so maybe it's a GM thing. I have to actually pick up my foot to get to the brake. I think the steering radio controls should be on the left side and the cruise one the right...but maybe b/c that's how it was on my last car and I drive with my left hand. I use the radio controls more than cruise controls. But all of these things I can live with..it's a great car!

I'm Disappointed in Cadillac and Sewell
By dallasfarmboy

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a new 2010 SRX almost 9 months ago and it has 6,000 miles on it. First, the gas cap is directly over the right rear tire which forces the gas tube to run parallel to the ground. This causes almost any gas pump nozzle to constantly stop or fall out, so you have to hold the dirty nozzle the entire time. Despite many complaints from many buyers, GM and Sewell resolve this issue with a letter to complainants telling them they don't know how to fill their car. The other issue is a slushing sound in the gas tank. This is very annoying and sounds like a lead ball rolling around in the back. The visibility, long hood, and sluggish and jumpy acceleration are also poor.

Favorite Features

Exterior, Interior, Instrument Panel, Steering, Space, Storage,

Suggested Improvements

Fix the gas tank spout so a normal person can fill it up without holding onto the nozzle the entire time. Fix the gas tank slushing sound (a divider in the tank might work). Reprogram the transmission and accelerator so the takeoffs are smoother. Knock off about 6 inches from the nose of the vehicle. Sewell's unacceptable response to the gas issues has caused me to not like them either. They are now just like every other dealership in town, so I'd rather buy from somewhere else to save a little money (since the service is now the same).

Pleasure to drive
By So Far Pleased

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

All I have been reading is how this car is short on power, I traded my 2004 SRX with the 320hp North star engine. This car seems to have all the power from a stop and to pass, anyone could need. Combined fuel mileage I am averaging 21 MPG, only have 1450 miles on it but so far no problems. I did have to remove the front headrest and turn them around, I am tall and they were hitting the back of my neck.

Favorite Features

Bose 10 speaker stereo, Navigation system with touch screen, had and still love the large panorama sun roof. Overall looks inside and out are much nicer than my 2004 was. If it gives me as little trouble as my 2004 did I will be more than pleased.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign headrests to tilt back further. Interior power door locks should be moved back on the doors like they used to be not on the dashboard.