Used 2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Most Helpful|
Loving My New Luxury SRX FWD
By creeative123

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been watching this vehicle since it came out in 2010. I went back and forth between the Infinity FX35, BMW X3, Audi Q5 and the Cadillac SRX. Coming from a Japaneese SUV I was hesitant at first, but I must say, GM really stepped it up a knotch. I went with the Luxury Model and to be honest I don't think it is sluggish at all. It is stylish, they spared no expense on all of the bells and whistles. It can be alittle hard to see backing up but the camera which comes on your rear view mirror more than makes up for that. You do loose a little head room with the Pani sunroof, but the benfits more than outway the negatives. Give the SRX a try I think u will be majory supprised.. I was

Favorite Features

panoramic sun room, heated and cooled front seets, power lift gate, Onstar, cooled gloved compartment, back up camera, parking sensors, leather interior, wood grain, Bose Speaker System, Power Seats, I just love the way the Cadi SRX looks, feels and drives. Not to mention the warranty ranks right up there with BMW and Volvo.

Suggested Improvements

I dont like how you have to slide the arm rest back to get access to your cup holders, don't like where the IPOD jack is located.

Love this car!
By Ed

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After reading the Editor's review for both the 2010 and the 2011 I was ready to scratch the SRX from my test drive models, despite the fact that I liked the styling of the SRX. I owned previous Cadillac's that had problems with quality. Cadillac had some difficult years, i.e., the four-six- eight cylinder year and the year they offered the diesel engine. However, after reading positive consumer reviews for both the 2010 and 2011 models I took a test drive. I was pleasantly surprised. So much surprised that I purchased the 2011 SRX luxury model. Thanks owners for your reviews, you were right on the money.

Favorite Features

Everything. ONSTAR is great! Great interior and exterior styling. I ordered the Mocha Steel color, which is new for 2011. I have received numerous positive comments in the short time I have owned the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe the driver headrest. I find as did another consumer reviewer it hits the back of my head. The floor mats could definitely be upgraded as they are of WalMart quality.

1st impressions
By mao_007

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought an SRX so I can't really speak to reliability but ...It seems attention to detail is there, very nice interior and an excellent body. The pickup is excellent particularly with the autostick. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing but avoid the lead foot and use autostick and you should be fine. The trunk area is nice, and I particularly like the hidden large well which is lined so it is great for frozen items.I really like the fence divider on rails the trunk area has very handy (can stow in the well).

Favorite Features

The styling and the attention to detail is all there as expected. I particularly like the stiffer Euro ride and of course the interior is the best. The console for the driver is very easy to read and there are many options even a display of the tires and their respective tire pressure. Needless to say, the backup camera is nice for the many occasions one has to go into reverse. OnStar however, ties everything together making it a sweet package. Last but not least, the dealer I went to WEIL Cadillac is the best and it was a pleasure working with the car salesman Michael Palermo.

Suggested Improvements

A little better gas mileage would be nice. It might help if they came out with say an 8 speed and had a mode which attempts to keep the RPMs low thus saving gas. For those of us that already bought an SRX I think they could improve the onboard software (more intelligent shifting). On that note, I did find in situations where you have to punch it the acceleration isn't always smooth the way it would be say in a Mercedes 300. Also, I found the iPod integration works but is a bit fussy with regards to setting up and getting working (lots of songs it has to index).

I love my 2011 SRX
By edward

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my SRX. I have owned Cadillac in the past and they proved to be a problem. Hopefully I have not made a mistake with this vehicle. I only have 250 miles at this writing and I am pleased with the new Cadillac warranty. I agree, the transmission is sometimes confused... but I do not have a heavy foot so acceleration is fine for me. I love the styling and the car is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Love most everything, especially ONSTAR

Suggested Improvements

What's with the gas cap? No security? Even my HONDA Pilot had a locking mechanism within the vehicle to lock / unlock the gas cap? "The New Standard of the World", which is Cadillac's new advertising slogan does not include this feature? Even as a option? Come on GM!! Floor mats upgrade

went back to GM after 20+ years
By jdo1139

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a german car guy for a long time. Just wanted a change. bought the srx in sept. 2011 have 524 miles on it at this writting. so far I am happy with the suv over all but dislike the non turbo v6 quite sluggish for my taste but Ican live with it. fit and finish is very good,interior is beautiful, the look of the suv is great overall the choice of a cadillac was a good one. may be after 10000 miles i'll write another review, hope I can still rave

Favorite Features

interior ,style of suv.price.