2011 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
A Bit of a Bummer
By jmelquist on 05/31/12 16:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Owned or leased over 10 Cadillacs prior to my SRX AWD - always with a great experience ... unfortunately, this vehicle has been a disappointment. I liked the exterior looks - mpg ok; however, should have checked the vehicles performance and technology out better - both a disappointment - not the standard I have come to expect from Cadillac. Found the vehicle to be noticeably underpowered - transmission shifts in a odd way at times - very irritating technology (e.g. front crash warning beeps in the garage when backing out in reverse, the front seat when you turn off the vehicle moves back automatically so far you would not want someone in the rear seat, etc).

Government Motors Crossover Failure
By chesterpres on 05/14/12 12:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 SRX for over one year and to say that it is a disappointment is an understatement. It is far too heavy for its small 260 hp engine. It is cumbersome to drive. I went from an Acura MDX to the SRX and every day, I miss my MDX which had much more room, but was much more agile than the SRX. I have already had transmission problems. The cargo space is miniscule. The only positive I have to say about the SRX is the electronic features it has. The navigation system is very good and the stereo is top of the line. Everything else is a disaster. I hate this car and can't wait to get rid of it.

love my Cadillac SRX
By misty47 on 12/30/11 05:57 AM (PST)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Cadillac SRX still -after having it six months. After test driving all the Chevy, Kia, Honda, GMC, Buick, Nissan, Hyundia, Toyota cars and SUVs, I liked the SRX the best. I bought it because they have the mainteance free for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Free oil changes, tire rotation etc. It has the 6 cyl which has plenty of power to get on freeways.

Awesome Caddy
By sonnysideup on 10/16/11 07:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this Caddy for about 3 weeks. I absolutely love it. It's fun to drive, & makes it's presence on the road felt. This is a heavy SUV, & makes one feel secure especially in Washington D.C. traffic which is the worst in the Country. The only drawback is that it is a bit under powered, something that has been addressed in the new 2012. It's also the best looking SUV. GM is back.

went back to GM after 20+ years
By jdo1139 on 09/28/11 10:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a german car guy for a long time. Just wanted a change. bought the srx in sept. 2011 have 524 miles on it at this writting. so far I am happy with the suv over all but dislike the non turbo v6 quite sluggish for my taste but Ican live with it. fit and finish is very good,interior is beautiful, the look of the suv is great overall the choice of a cadillac was a good one. may be after 10000 miles i'll write another review, hope I can still rave

1st impressions
By mao_007 on 08/29/11 17:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought an SRX so I can't really speak to reliability but ...It seems attention to detail is there, very nice interior and an excellent body. The pickup is excellent particularly with the autostick. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing but avoid the lead foot and use autostick and you should be fine. The trunk area is nice, and I particularly like the hidden large well which is lined so it is great for frozen items.I really like the fence divider on rails the trunk area has very handy (can stow in the well).

european
By gcandler on 08/25/11 07:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American car I have owned in twenty years. Now I know why. The engine is awful and sounds like a lawn mower. It has zero power and has horrendous gas mileage. The transmission hunts when slowing down and is jerky. The suspension has no give, making all road imperfections a nightmare. All my previous cars were European and I ask myself why Cadillac did not hire some of the talent from their European subsidiaries to design a decent engine and transmission. Its back to the drawing board for Cadillac, and another ten years before i buy another one.

Loving my SRX
By cadcoo on 06/21/11 09:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the SRX May 2011. I love the drive, ride, and design. It gets tons of looks on the road. I purchased the black ice after going back and forth from the red to black ice. Of course I had to pick the 2 most popular colors so it took some time for the dealership to find just what I wanted (I had to have black interior b/c I have 2 kids). I wish I had purchased the premier with air conditioned seats, but I saved $3000 not getting them so I just use the app on my iphone to start my car and cool it off.

Excellent Ride
By pro13 on 05/18/11 17:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I returned my BMW to lease this SRX. I don't regret it one bit. I love the higher view and the ride is so smooth I have had the car for two weeks and I already have 700 miles on it.

2010 SRX has problems
By jswinpa on 04/24/11 09:12 AM (PDT)

2011 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

the 2010 SRX (basically the 2011 is the same car) is great looking, gets so-so mpg, is a bit underpowered but OK -- but be warned, I and at least one other SRX owner I met, have had the bad experience of the battery inexplicably draining overnight - and in my case the Cadillac service guys can't find the cause. GM customer service answer to my dilemma: "we can't do anything if the service people can't duplicate the problem!" Do they think I am draining the battery for the fun of taking the car back to the 50's type dealership (three times, and leaving the car for a total of 8 days)? They apparently forgot that I'm not only a customer, but one of the taxpayers whose tax $ saved their butts!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Cadillac SRX Suv in VA is:

$157 per month*