Used 2011 Cadillac SRX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Love this Caddy!
By CaddyLove

2011 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2011 SRX Luxury since May 2011. Regretfully, I will be selling it soon. I have loved this crossover and have never had any issues. Aside from a few minor recalls, this vehicle has been virtually maintenance-free! I have to admit that after 4.5 years I have racked up a meager 33,000 miles (mostly city driving), but have had the opportunity to take it for a couple of long road trips. Except for sluggish acceleration, it drives like a dream. I have the pop-up Nav screen and the sound system is awesome! The interior is beautiful and the ambient lighting (at night) is a nice touch. The seats are comfortable and the ride is very smooth. My major complaint is the lack of room in the back seats. We have a massive car seat for my son, which only works in the middle of the backseat. With another on the way, it has come time to get a larger vehicle. If it weren't for needing more room, I'd drive this until the wheels fell off, which I'm sure would be a very long time from now at the rate we're going! One thing I think could be improved is the vents...I live in Houston, Texas and the summers here are brutal. I'm sure it didn't help that I picked a black SRX with charcoal interior...but the A/C system was a little too slow to cool the vehicle some days. I ended up using the Onstar remote start feature a lot to get the car going and cooled off early. All in all, I would definitely recommend this Caddy and I would consider buying one again (once the kids are older and in smaller booster seats)!

don't buy this year make and model of cadillac
By Craig

2011 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

the car shutters when driving slow, the dealer says its a design char. I call it a flaw and I have never had a car that shuttered when you turned the wheel. well let me take that back. I have but I replaced the power steering unit and I fixed it. I have a 2004 cts drives like a dream still. this car sucks. I just bought it and I cant believe this new steering unit is not powerfull enough to turn the wheels. I drive underground a lot to park the car and it shutters. I mean really. its a Cadillac it should be up to min. of industry standards if not exceed them. Hell I could of bought a Honda and not had this much trouble. I cant believe the dealer knows bout the steering and still sold me the car. they saw me coming. why not fix it for good then sell the car. not just pawn it off on another customer. Cadillac should not do that. Im frustrated the dealer wont help me. Im afraid im going to have to get legal help. the transmition geezh. it revs too high then when it shifts it gives you whiplash. it underpowered a poorly designed car. its a lemon. they wont admit it. don't buy this make and model get a cts instead.or if you want to get a suv buy anything else and certainly not this make and year. one nice thing about the car.... the sound system.. Period.

love my Cadillac SRX
By misty47

2011 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Cadillac SRX still -after having it six months. After test driving all the Chevy, Kia, Honda, GMC, Buick, Nissan, Hyundia, Toyota cars and SUVs, I liked the SRX the best. I bought it because they have the mainteance free for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Free oil changes, tire rotation etc. It has the 6 cyl which has plenty of power to get on freeways.

I love the body style and interior is very nice. The leather is soft. It drives great and handles very well. The Bose stereo sounds good too. Love the OnStar feature. I feel safe in this SUV. It is well built and very solid feeling and comfortable.

The only thing I have found that I don't like is the blind spots but I bought the spot mirrors from QVC and put them on my side mirrors. I can change lanes with ease now. I see everything now so that problem was solved. Also I am only getting 20 mpg which is not so bad but it could be better. All in all I love my Caddy and I don't think I want to drive anything else from now on.