Used 2011 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Love this Caddy!
By CaddyLove

2011 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2011 SRX Luxury since May 2011. Regretfully, I will be selling it soon. I have loved this crossover and have never had any issues. Aside from a few minor recalls, this vehicle has been virtually maintenance-free! I have to admit that after 4.5 years I have racked up a meager 33,000 miles (mostly city driving), but have had the opportunity to take it for a couple of long road trips. Except for sluggish acceleration, it drives like a dream. I have the pop-up Nav screen and the sound system is awesome! The interior is beautiful and the ambient lighting (at night) is a nice touch. The seats are comfortable and the ride is very smooth. My major complaint is the lack of room in the back seats. We have a massive car seat for my son, which only works in the middle of the backseat. With another on the way, it has come time to get a larger vehicle. If it weren't for needing more room, I'd drive this until the wheels fell off, which I'm sure would be a very long time from now at the rate we're going! One thing I think could be improved is the vents...I live in Houston, Texas and the summers here are brutal. I'm sure it didn't help that I picked a black SRX with charcoal interior...but the A/C system was a little too slow to cool the vehicle some days. I ended up using the Onstar remote start feature a lot to get the car going and cooled off early. All in all, I would definitely recommend this Caddy and I would consider buying one again (once the kids are older and in smaller booster seats)!

don't buy this year make and model of cadillac
By Craig

2011 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

the car shutters when driving slow, the dealer says its a design char. I call it a flaw and I have never had a car that shuttered when you turned the wheel. well let me take that back. I have but I replaced the power steering unit and I fixed it. I have a 2004 cts drives like a dream still. this car sucks. I just bought it and I cant believe this new steering unit is not powerfull enough to turn the wheels. I drive underground a lot to park the car and it shutters. I mean really. its a Cadillac it should be up to min. of industry standards if not exceed them. Hell I could of bought a Honda and not had this much trouble. I cant believe the dealer knows bout the steering and still sold me the car. they saw me coming. why not fix it for good then sell the car. not just pawn it off on another customer. Cadillac should not do that. Im frustrated the dealer wont help me. Im afraid im going to have to get legal help. the transmition geezh. it revs too high then when it shifts it gives you whiplash. it underpowered a poorly designed car. its a lemon. they wont admit it. don't buy this make and model get a cts instead.or if you want to get a suv buy anything else and certainly not this make and year. one nice thing about the car.... the sound system.. Period.

This is the worse SUV ever!
By depe3131

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I haven't had this suv a year and it's by far the worse suv I ever owned. I have taken this suv in 10-15 times due to the idling. Every time I stop I get a horrible shake. I bought the suv because it was a CPO and no one seems to be able to know what's going on. I will get rid of this crappy suv this summer. Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!!!!

NONE---maybe the exterior design

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

A Bit of a Bummer
By jmelquist

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Owned or leased over 10 Cadillacs prior to my SRX AWD - always with a great experience ... unfortunately, this vehicle has been a disappointment. I liked the exterior looks - mpg ok; however, should have checked the vehicles performance and technology out better - both a disappointment - not the standard I have come to expect from Cadillac. Found the vehicle to be noticeably underpowered - transmission shifts in a odd way at times - very irritating technology (e.g. front crash warning beeps in the garage when backing out in reverse, the front seat when you turn off the vehicle moves back automatically so far you would not want someone in the rear seat, etc).

Exterior looks - very nice.

Better performance with a larger h.p. motor (believe bigger motor in 2012 model),smoother transmission shifting and correct obvious technology issues noted above.

Government Motors Crossover Failure
By chesterpres

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 SRX for over one year and to say that it is a disappointment is an understatement. It is far too heavy for its small 260 hp engine. It is cumbersome to drive. I went from an Acura MDX to the SRX and every day, I miss my MDX which had much more room, but was much more agile than the SRX. I have already had transmission problems. The cargo space is miniscule. The only positive I have to say about the SRX is the electronic features it has. The navigation system is very good and the stereo is top of the line. Everything else is a disaster. I hate this car and can't wait to get rid of it.

The navigation system and electronic and comfort features.

Everything else. The undersized engine and overweight design means the car is as agile as a hippo on ludes. I have already had the transmission shifter replaced. It was in for service about 5 times in the first 3 months of this year. This car is horrible.