Used 2011 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2011 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

A Bit of a Bummer
By jmelquist

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Owned or leased over 10 Cadillacs prior to my SRX AWD - always with a great experience ... unfortunately, this vehicle has been a disappointment. I liked the exterior looks - mpg ok; however, should have checked the vehicles performance and technology out better - both a disappointment - not the standard I have come to expect from Cadillac. Found the vehicle to be noticeably underpowered - transmission shifts in a odd way at times - very irritating technology (e.g. front crash warning beeps in the garage when backing out in reverse, the front seat when you turn off the vehicle moves back automatically so far you would not want someone in the rear seat, etc).

Favorite Features

Exterior looks - very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Better performance with a larger h.p. motor (believe bigger motor in 2012 model),smoother transmission shifting and correct obvious technology issues noted above.

Government Motors Crossover Failure
By chesterpres

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 SRX for over one year and to say that it is a disappointment is an understatement. It is far too heavy for its small 260 hp engine. It is cumbersome to drive. I went from an Acura MDX to the SRX and every day, I miss my MDX which had much more room, but was much more agile than the SRX. I have already had transmission problems. The cargo space is miniscule. The only positive I have to say about the SRX is the electronic features it has. The navigation system is very good and the stereo is top of the line. Everything else is a disaster. I hate this car and can't wait to get rid of it.

Favorite Features

The navigation system and electronic and comfort features.

Suggested Improvements

Everything else. The undersized engine and overweight design means the car is as agile as a hippo on ludes. I have already had the transmission shifter replaced. It was in for service about 5 times in the first 3 months of this year. This car is horrible.

love my Cadillac SRX
By misty47

2011 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Cadillac SRX still -after having it six months. After test driving all the Chevy, Kia, Honda, GMC, Buick, Nissan, Hyundia, Toyota cars and SUVs, I liked the SRX the best. I bought it because they have the mainteance free for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Free oil changes, tire rotation etc. It has the 6 cyl which has plenty of power to get on freeways.

Favorite Features

I love the body style and interior is very nice. The leather is soft. It drives great and handles very well. The Bose stereo sounds good too. Love the OnStar feature. I feel safe in this SUV. It is well built and very solid feeling and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I have found that I don't like is the blind spots but I bought the spot mirrors from QVC and put them on my side mirrors. I can change lanes with ease now. I see everything now so that problem was solved. Also I am only getting 20 mpg which is not so bad but it could be better. All in all I love my Caddy and I don't think I want to drive anything else from now on.

Awesome Caddy
By sonnysideup

2011 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this Caddy for about 3 weeks. I absolutely love it. It's fun to drive, & makes it's presence on the road felt. This is a heavy SUV, & makes one feel secure especially in Washington D.C. traffic which is the worst in the Country. The only drawback is that it is a bit under powered, something that has been addressed in the new 2012. It's also the best looking SUV. GM is back.

Favorite Features

All the bells & whistles one would want. Styling in both the interior & exterior. Corners & handles well. GREAT RIDE.

Suggested Improvements

A bit underpowered.

went back to GM after 20+ years
By jdo1139

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a german car guy for a long time. Just wanted a change. bought the srx in sept. 2011 have 524 miles on it at this writting. so far I am happy with the suv over all but dislike the non turbo v6 quite sluggish for my taste but Ican live with it. fit and finish is very good,interior is beautiful, the look of the suv is great overall the choice of a cadillac was a good one. may be after 10000 miles i'll write another review, hope I can still rave

Favorite Features

interior ,style of suv.price.