Used 2011 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2011 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Most Helpful|
Loving My New Luxury SRX FWD
By creeative123

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been watching this vehicle since it came out in 2010. I went back and forth between the Infinity FX35, BMW X3, Audi Q5 and the Cadillac SRX. Coming from a Japaneese SUV I was hesitant at first, but I must say, GM really stepped it up a knotch. I went with the Luxury Model and to be honest I don't think it is sluggish at all. It is stylish, they spared no expense on all of the bells and whistles. It can be alittle hard to see backing up but the camera which comes on your rear view mirror more than makes up for that. You do loose a little head room with the Pani sunroof, but the benfits more than outway the negatives. Give the SRX a try I think u will be majory supprised.. I was

Favorite Features

panoramic sun room, heated and cooled front seets, power lift gate, Onstar, cooled gloved compartment, back up camera, parking sensors, leather interior, wood grain, Bose Speaker System, Power Seats, I just love the way the Cadi SRX looks, feels and drives. Not to mention the warranty ranks right up there with BMW and Volvo.

Suggested Improvements

I dont like how you have to slide the arm rest back to get access to your cup holders, don't like where the IPOD jack is located.

Car in Shop 1 week
By patty gill

2011 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Shortly after purchasing this auto I noticed that any cup you put in the cup holder would tip and spill. Packages roll all over the back. The cargo net lays flat and you tuck your purchases under the net. What an inconvenience.The auto has been in the shop for 1 week today. The top rails were damaged upon arrival. So were the next 3 sets. Still waiting. Not user friendly interior. This has been such a big disappointment. I had Lexus autos for the last ten years and thought Buy American. What a mistake. Dealer was hard to get hold of for any info.

Favorite Features

Like the looks, AWD feature. Size is good easy to park etc.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders, better designed cargo net. Bigger air and heat vents,faster phone service. Takes to long( too many commands) just to call a number.

2010
By kathy2010

2011 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Not nice sounds in the WI weather, when it is colder then 20 degrees, it sounds awful like worn springs of an old jeep, terrible. Experienced car not starting with either remote, seat warmers needed to be repaired, a recall, leather seats that are not durable.

Favorite Features

The classy exterior look

Government Motors Crossover Failure
By chesterpres

2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 SRX for over one year and to say that it is a disappointment is an understatement. It is far too heavy for its small 260 hp engine. It is cumbersome to drive. I went from an Acura MDX to the SRX and every day, I miss my MDX which had much more room, but was much more agile than the SRX. I have already had transmission problems. The cargo space is miniscule. The only positive I have to say about the SRX is the electronic features it has. The navigation system is very good and the stereo is top of the line. Everything else is a disaster. I hate this car and can't wait to get rid of it.

Favorite Features

The navigation system and electronic and comfort features.

Suggested Improvements

Everything else. The undersized engine and overweight design means the car is as agile as a hippo on ludes. I have already had the transmission shifter replaced. It was in for service about 5 times in the first 3 months of this year. This car is horrible.

I'm Disappointed in Cadillac and Sewell
By dallasfarmboy

2011 Cadillac SRX Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a new 2010 SRX almost 9 months ago and it has 6,000 miles on it. First, the gas cap is directly over the right rear tire which forces the gas tube to run parallel to the ground. This causes almost any gas pump nozzle to constantly stop or fall out, so you have to hold the dirty nozzle the entire time. Despite many complaints from many buyers, GM and Sewell resolve this issue with a letter to complainants telling them they don't know how to fill their car. The other issue is a slushing sound in the gas tank. This is very annoying and sounds like a lead ball rolling around in the back. The visibility, long hood, and sluggish and jumpy acceleration are also poor.

Favorite Features

Exterior, Interior, Instrument Panel, Steering, Space, Storage,

Suggested Improvements

Fix the gas tank spout so a normal person can fill it up without holding onto the nozzle the entire time. Fix the gas tank slushing sound (a divider in the tank might work). Reprogram the transmission and accelerator so the takeoffs are smoother. Knock off about 6 inches from the nose of the vehicle. Sewell's unacceptable response to the gas issues has caused me to not like them either. They are now just like every other dealership in town, so I'd rather buy from somewhere else to save a little money (since the service is now the same).