My wife traded in our 3 year old Trail Blazer as it started having too many problems. We got a new SRX. Following are our comments after 6 months and 6K miles.
Although the Inprovement list is longer than the Favorite list, were happy we got it and still love driving it!
1. Love the styling. There is nothing like it on the road.
2. Not having a spare is OK with me; I really like having that extra space under the rear deck. Whats really cool is that you can fill it with ice and it becomes a cooler.
3. All the gadgetry and the ambient lighting at night is so cool, nice touch of class.
4. The interior and exterior fit and finish is excellent. There are no large gaps or crooked anything. Looks like GM is starting to get their act together.
5. Ive been averaging 20.5 MPG which is great for a Caddy!
6. Love the large panorama sun roof.
7. I was surprised at the smoothness of the ride considering the short wheelbase.
The passenger seat needs memory seating -
memory should also adjust the rear view mirror. The driver seat should wait until you sit on it BEFORE starting to move forward. Can't have the navigation system on with the radio off. If I want to hear the navigation directions I have to have the radio on. Fuel door on the right hand side and doesn't lock. A and B pillars have blind spots the size of Redwoods. Rear passenger seat does not move forward. The sunroof does not close when I shut down the car and get out - bad news if I forget to close it and it rains. Power door locks should be on the doors, not on the dash. The PRNDL indicators lights Red (danger) - catches my eye when driving.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.